First Lutheran Church is seeking a full time director for a new children’s preschool program. There will be a maximum capacity of 28 children in the three to four year old range. First Lutheran Church is an Association of Free Lutheran Congregations affiliated
Lutheran church in downtown Oklahoma City. More information about these organizations can be found at www.firstlutheranokc.org and www.aflc.org respectively.
1) Hire, manage and direct staff for the preschool.
2) Communicate with parents of children.
3) Communicate with First Lutheran’s Pastor and School Board.
4) Develop budget for preschool.
5) Purchase and management of all necessary supplies for preschool.
6) Teach and train staff in use of ABeka curriculum.
7) Plan and manage a summer program.
8) Coordinate activities with VBS team as a part of the summer program.
9) Monitor and insure safety and cleanliness of all classroom and playground areas.
10) Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1) Three to five years experience as a leader in a children’s education capacity.
2) Passion for teaching children.
3) Administrative abilities.
4) Organizational skills.
5) Verbal and written communication skills.
6) Ability to perform basic computer functions.
7) Self motivated, creative and possessing a vision.
8) Willingness to teach a Biblical World View.
This is a “from the ground up” program building opportunity. First Lutheran is establishing a new genesis as a congregation and is seeking the right candidate to help us in creating a lasting Christian learning environment.