Life Groups and Outreach Pastor
Summary: Leading people to connect deeply with one another through Life Groups, and connect with the lost through evangelistic outreach.
Life Groups Pastor Essential Duties & Responsibilities consist of (but are not limited to) the following:
- Facilitate an environment of community that offers easy entry points for new attendees and new believers, including Grouplink and Starter Group
- Implement strategy to identify, recruit, train, and spiritually develop Life Group leaders
- Create a system that strategically develops organic growth within the small group model
- Communicate clearly the wins and expectations to the small groups leaders
- Conduct Life Group Leader meetings and trainings
- Responsible for the growth of Life Group Ministry ensuring the fulfillment of the goals and objectives of Grace Community Church’s strategic plan
- Ensure that Life Group leaders are creating a healthy environment that gives the group members a sense of community, encourages spiritual growth and development and creates optimal environment for care
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on the effectiveness of the small group ministry in fulfilling its goals
- Research, implement, and at times design & write curriculum used by group leaders.
- Write weekly group discussion questions designed to take the content from the weekend messages beyond rows and into circles
- Oversee Life Group leaders spiritually as well as organizationally through the maintenance of accurate data on small group participation
- Develop ongoing leadership trainings and development opportunities for Life Group leaders and coaches
- Develop and implement processes to identify, record and celebrate Life Group stories of life changes to share with the church
- Respond to the Life Groups and members in a manner that authenticates our role as servant leaders in the community and at Grace Community Church
- Serve as support staff for weekend services
- Oversee and manage the budget for Life Groups ministry
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as needed or requested.
- Oversee the selection and administration of Acts University courses
- Other leadership responsibilities as directed
Outreach Pastor Essential Duties and Responsibilities consist of (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible for all aspects of connecting the church to the community and the world and helping new people to become part of the congregation from first time visit through baptism and initial involvement. This includes oversight of Grace’s mercy ministries, missions ministries, outreach focused special events, newcomer assimilation, and weekend service guest services (“front of the house”).
- Lead a team of volunteers in the accomplishment of all aspects of ensuring the church maintains and improves its outreach focus.
- Work with church staff to continuously create new events and other venues for inviting new people to eventually become regular attendees of church services.
- Work with Mercy Ministries, including but not limited to Food Pantry, Benevolence, Christmas Project, Substandard Housing and CHAMPS to ensure the Gospel is presented and the participants are given ways to assimilate into worship and Life Group life of Grace Community Church.
- Lead the Guest Services ministry as part of the church’s weekend services.
- Lead the scheduling, programming, and overall facilitation of routine baptism services.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of adult guest services facilities.
- Oversee and manage budget for Outreach ministries.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equal work experience, advanced Biblical training, or experience in counseling a plus
- Growing, yet mature follower of Christ called to ministry
- Humble yet confident
- Compassionate heart for the hurting and lost
- Team-oriented visionary leader with direct people management experience
- Strategic thinker who can mobilize and direct large groups of people to reach a common goal
- Ability to attract and lead other highly motivated leaders
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to and passion for excellence
- Works well in fast-paced environment and has natural ability to relate well to people
- Capable of seeing the big picture, yet discussing the details
- Team builder and team player
- Missions Leader
- Guest Services
- Mercy Ministries Director
Reports to the Lead Pastor
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Next Generation in 10 Years (Next Gen in 10) PastorCentral Church
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- September 21
Director of Media Technology Ministries (12134)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, Massachusetts
- September 12
Pastor of Kingdom Expansion MinistriesLafayette Federated Church
- Lafayette, New Jersey
- September 8
Teaching Pastor (#12135)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, New York
- September 6
Student Ministry Pastor (12145)The Shepherd's Staff
- Houston Area, Texas
- September 6