Waters Edge Church is currently looking for a new full-time staff member to join our team in the capacity of Technical Manager. Working under the Executive Director of Creative Arts to bring vision, execution, and leadership to technical production. Lead
volunteer production staff by providing ongoing training and ensuring that team members serve with excellence. Maintain comprehensive, professional-level competency of live event production systems including: audio, lighting, and stage. Work on routine to
- Manage audio and lighting production systems for all Waters Edge environments; utilize the expertise of independent contractors for specific needs.
- Provide ongoing training to Production Team, ensuring understanding of the design, operation, and integration of A & L technical systems.
- Create and construct new set and stage design 5 times per year for the Main Auditoriums across campuses, working with the Exec Dir of Creative Arts to provide stage looks that enhance weekend and special event experiences.
- Provide live production support for ministry events as necessary, including, but not limited to audio engineer, lighting designer, and lighting operator.
- Anticipate and stay current with technology developments to remain on the cutting edge of industry-relevant, professional-level equipment and usage. Identify resources to stay current with technology and submit to supervisor for consideration.
- Ensure all technical equipment is operating properly at any particular time or event. Utilize the expertise of independent contractors for problem resolution.
- Provide oversight and direction to volunteers to ensure that the stage areas are clean, in good operating condition, and are ready for services and other events by Waters Edge.
- Co-develop and manage the technical systems budget and co-approve expenditures within the approved budget.
- Ensure that other ministries have trained production personnel to facilitate the needs for ministry programs such as sound, lights, and staging requirements.
- Train and lead a team of volunteers to build sets and program and operate lighting and sound for the weekend experience across campuses.
- Actively involved in the development and implementation of service elements for Sundays.
Skills & Expectations:
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional live production experience.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of live production audio and lighting systems design and operation.
- Demonstrated experience working independently to meet deadlines and accomplish assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated experience training others in technical equipment use.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- In love with the local church and desire to be part of changing the way people think about church.
- Loyal, dedicated, and able to commit long-term to the vision, strategy, and core values of Lead Pastor Stu Hodges and Waters Edge Church.
- Takes pride in excellence and is always willing to go the extra mile.
- A team player, working alongside other fun, vibrant, and creative staff members at Waters Edge Church.
- Required to work all weekend experiences, Christmas and Easter services as well as other events outside of normal working hours as needed.
- Work week will be Sunday - Thursday.
Waters Edge Church is located in the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area of Virginia with campuses in Yorktown, Hampton, Newport News and Williamsburg. The area is steeped in 400 years of American history. Hundreds of historical sites and attractions in the area
draw visitors from around the world each year. Yorktown is part of the Historic Triangle (along with Williamsburg and Jamestown), and is rich in Revolutionary and Civil War history.
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, we’d love to meet you! To apply, visit watersedgechurch.net/jobs to submit your resume and the completed application. Please do not apply directly thru the Church Staffing website. No phone calls