Northcliffe is a 1,000-member church with a strong presence in Hernando County, FL. Our blended and contemporary services help us meet the needs of multiple generations. Our commitment to Scripture is unwavering, but we also aren’t afraid to be creative and try new methods for reaching the unchurched in our community. The completion of our $2.8 million Family Life Conference Center has allowed us to exponentially grow our capacity and ability to serve families in our community.
The right candidate for this position will have a passion for creatively leading the Northcliffe family in discipleship, utilizing various methods and curriculums with the goal of making fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
One of our core values is that life change happens best in small groups. We believe small groups enable us to best care, grow and fellowship together. The Minister of Small Groups is responsible for helping us build a church family that mirrors the principles taught in Acts 2. Our Life Group motto is “Doing Life Together.” The Minister of Small Groups will maintain, develop, and give vision for the Life Group and Discipleship ministries at Northcliffe.
The preferred candidate will be a person who is highly motivated, a self-starter, strategic thinker, and organized. He is a team player with a positive attitude, high energy, and good interpersonal skills. He is someone who is passionate about seeing people connected in spiritual community and dedicated to providing growth environments to develop believers into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Our grid for adding someone to our leadership team is based on three Cs: character, competence, and chemistry.
1. Enthusiastically embrace the vision, mission and values of Northcliffe.
2. Direct the planning, organizing and evaluation of all small group and discipleship ministries.
3. Identify and provide training opportunities for potential small group leaders.
4. Actively recruit, develop and grow a volunteer structure for enlisting volunteer workers in small groups.
5. Always be looking for opportunities to launch new small groups and be creative in how to effectively create necessary environments for small groups.
6. Coordinate the utilization of space for small groups on campus.
7. Provide oversight to the curriculum selection process so as to ensure biblical integrity and alignment with our beliefs as outlined in The Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
8. Serve as a member of the Church Council and provide pastoral care duties as needed.
9. Promote small groups through the weekly bulletin, pre-service PowerPoint slides,
newsletter, website, and any other effective means of communication.
10. Manage the small groups and discipleship budget.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Reports to: Associate Pastor
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. A clear calling and passion to create disciples.
3. Commitment to moral purity.
4. Commitment to the mission and vision of Northcliffe.
5. Agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
6. A track-record of excellence in creating environments for discipleship and community.
7. Demonstrates the ability to recruit and train small group leaders.
8. A seminary degree is preferred. Three or more years of experience in a church of 500 or more is also preferred, but not required.
9. Demonstrates good people, leadership, and organizational skills.
10. Has an engaging and gracious personality.
Total Package: $62,000 – 69,000 (based on education & experience)
1. Base Salary
2. Health insurance coverage
3. Annuity contribution by church
4. Automobile mileage reimbursement expense
5. Education account
About Our Area
Just a short drive from Tampa, Hernando County provides easy access to the benefits of a major metropolitan area, while offering the calmer pace of suburbia.
In 2015, Money magazine ranked Tampa “’the best large city in the Southeast and one of five ‘urban gems’ across the United States offering an abundance of culture and amenities at ‘livable prices’” (Source: Tampa Bay Times).
Tampa is home to three professional sports teams; large shopping malls and eclectic shopping districts; the award-winning Tampa Museum of Art and Straz Center for the Performing Arts; Busch Gardens and Adventure Island; and neighbors some of Florida’s most beautiful gulf-coast beaches. Hernando County is also less than a two-hour drive from Walt Disney World and the many other attractions located in Orlando, Fla.
Hernando County’s proximity to the Suncoast Parkway (a toll-road into Tampa) and low cost of living has attracted many young families to the area. In the past decade, the county has experienced tremendous growth in its retail offerings. From most locations in our county, major grocery, department and retail stores, as well as a variety of restaurants are only minutes away.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Life Group Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- October 10