Children’s and Youth Ministries Director
10 August, 2016
- Develop, improve and create the systems for a healthy ministry to children and youth with an emphasis on partnering with parents as much as possible.
- Invite, train and empower volunteers to provide leadership within the children’s ministry with a systematic plan.
- Maintain a volunteer schedule.
- Communicate to leaders during Sunday morning huddles and hold meetings as necessary for training and planning.
- Supervise and encourage children’s and youth ministry coordinators (e.g. preschool coordinator, elementary coordinator, jr. high/high school leaders, etc.)
- Evaluate curriculum based on defined goals.
- Create systems and events to thank and appreciate children’s ministry volunteers.
- Implement and maintain systems to connect with new guests.
- Oversee communication between the church, children and families.
- Provide resources for parents and families as needed.
- Maintain ongoing creativity through reading and conferences.
- Oversee with volunteers the setup, design and operation of all related children’s ministry and jr. high/high school youth environments on Sunday morning.
- Oversee our AWANA program.
- Oversee the Children’s and Youth Ministries budgets.
- Plan, coordinate and create special events as needed with other church leaders.
- Develop new family worship experiences.
- Participate in the quarterly ministry leaders’ vision meeting.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Be loyal to the vision, elders and staff of the church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest in relationships with the non-churched and invite them to church.