WELLSPRING COMMUNITY CHURCH
FULL-TIME CHILDREN’S DIRECTOR
The Children’s Director provides direction and oversight for the entire "Wellspring Kids" ministry (Birth – 5th grade). This person will work closely with the Executive Pastor as well as report to that individual.
The Children’s Director provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all Wellspring Kids in the ministry as well as volunteers.
The Children’s Director is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
* Provide vision, strategy, & development for all environments (birth – 5th grade).
* Provide leadership, direction and training for all children’s ministry volunteers
* Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the Large
Group/Small Group teaching environments in Nursery/Preschool and Elementary Areas
* Recruit and oversee all children’s ministry volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
* Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic early childhood learning environments.
* Oversee childcare (paid or volunteer)for church events, outside of Weekend Services
* Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
* Previous experience directing Kids Ministry (paid or high-level volunteer)
* Degree required or Equivalent education
* Meets Biblical qualifications for leadership, teacher and or pastor
* High energy, entrepreneurial, and charismatic with deep organizational skills
* Desire to work in children’s ministry as a way to serve God and advance His kingdom
* Knowledge and skills to serve in children’s ministry
* Strong leadership skills
* Ability to work w/ children, volunteers, staff, & parents to coordinate children’s ministry
* Ability to make changes, corrections and solve problems quickly under pressure
* Self-starter and high degree of discipline and strategic focus
* Clearance of criminal background check
* Abide by all personnel policies of Wellspring Community Church
SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
* Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
* Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
* Up-front Communicator
* Detailed and Organized
* Basic understanding of “Orange” Curriculum (Think Orange, The Essence of Orange).
* A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
* Previous experience with volunteering and (or) directing Kids Ministry.
* Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders.
* Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs (VBS, Camps, Etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their parents.
* Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with Wellspring Kids
* Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, ProPresenter, etc.).
WELLSPRING COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
* Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Wellspring.
* Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
* Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
* Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
* Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
Carmel Baptist Church - Preschool Minister/W.E.E School Head of SchoolVanderbloemen Search Group
- Matthews, North Carolina
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Wellspring Community Church
Wellspring Community Church in an interdenominational church that believes in 100% of the Bible. We have our eyes fixed on Jesus and are going after every person with the radical life-changing message of Him. We are a newer church plant that has experienced rapid growth in the last year. We have 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday services, full kids, students, adult and senior ministries. We believe that life-change happens best in community. Therefore, we feel its important for every person to be connected into a Community Group outsi More...