Position Summary: The Video Engineer (EIC) is responsible for excellence and consistent operation and training of all video systems across all campuses.
Ministry Department: Production
Position Reports To: Production Director
Hours: This is a full-time position with a typical work schedule of Sunday through Thursday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Attendance at some events outside of office hours will be required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage video systems and infrastructure to provide the best possible video frame for IMAG, capture, and external transmission to our campuses.
- Perform calibration of cameras and displays.
- Service video equipment and perform routine maintenance on production systems.
- Aid/lead campus system integration.
- Recommend equipment purchases that further system capabilities.
- Understand and maintain campus links for video delivery including streaming.
- Prepare production machines/equipment for Sunday morning services and events.
- Prepare and execute best practices for video production roles and equipment.
- Train and lead volunteers for video production roles.
- Serve in various production roles for events as needed.
- Attend event/service planning meetings to ensure best practices and excellence in video production are discussed.
- Instate best practices for video router and switcher configurations.
- Maintain streaming service for Liberty Online Campus.
- Assist in video preproduction shoots and postproduction preparation of content.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in performing all work in order to honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully maintain discretion and effectively deals with sensitive and/or confidential information of a written and spoken nature.
- Use independent judgment to determine work priorities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Production Director.
- Is a loyal staff member by cooperating and following the leadership of the church.
- Follow Liberty’s policies and procedures.
- Work in coordination with the overall mission, vision, values and strategies of the church which are summarized by the mission statement “Changing Lives, Communities and the World for Jesus Christ.”
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep knowledge of broadcast level video equipment and best practices.
- Familiarity with broadcast video workflows.
- Working knowledge of lighting for camera, both preproduction cinematic style and ENG live video.
- Understanding of automated video workflows including GPIO, Ethernet control, AMP, VDCP.
- Deep knowledge of camera chip calibration, white balance, painting, and live shading.
- Ability to train personnel and volunteer teams.
- Understanding of codec manipulation and transcoding.
- Understanding of framerate and reference manipulation.
- Needs to be proficient in troubleshooting on the fly in a stressful environment, sometimes remotely.
- Ability to repair simple systems and equipment a plus.
Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Some lifting of equipment will be required.
- Travel to multisite locations may be required.
- Eye sight and the ability to be critical of color calibration is required.
- Deals well with highly stressful live production
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. Liberty Baptist Church retains the
discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.