Chase Oaks Church DNA
- We Keep It Simple. We seek to do a few things well.
- We’re All In The Same Boat. We are all on a journey of transformation.
- We Boycott Boycotts. We are known for what we are for, not what we are against.
- We Glow In The Dark. We move into hopelessness, need and injustice with the redeeming power of Jesus Christ.
- This Is Not Our Party. This is the Father’s party, and we are His servants, privileged to prepare the party and invite the guests.
- We Don’t Go It Alone. We do life together in groups, ministry in teams and serve our community.
- Pass The Baton. We invest in the next generation and give influence to emerging leaders.
- We Are A Salad, Not A Soup. We are intentionally diverse, believing that the mix of generations, ethnicities, and cultures helps create the rich and surprising unity Jesus Prayed for in John 17.
- We Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff. We strive to focus on our common mission and core biblical beliefs.
- We Count The Change. As the agents of God’s redemption on this broken planet, our effectiveness is measured by both personal and community transformation.
Chase Oaks Church Staff Culture
Leadership: We serve and develop people, and provide clear direction. We serve people with prompt follow up, care for people, develop people, and empower people.
Teams: We work in teams, protect team health, and invest in team development. We all have specific roles on a team. We are thorough in our team member hiring process, making sure that we hire people who resonate with our DNA and culture. We create team plans, protect team unity, and help each other become more effective team members. We also recognize that Chase Oaks is part of a broader team so we partner with local churches and organizations who are committed to meeting both local and global needs.
Rhythms: We work hard, play hard, and rest well. We plan our work and work our plans (team plans and personal plans). We are intentional about having fun (staff events and team events), and we make sure we stay replenished (weekly day off, DAWG days, vacations and sabbaticals).
Learning: We are constantly learning from the past, from other organizations, and from the best practitioners. Passport, LEAD, best practice visits, monthly development conversations with team leaders, seeking feedback often, networking, partnering, reading, conferences, etc.
JOB SUMMARY: This role serves to oversee the High School ministry which creates environments where high school students can come as they are, be transformed, and make a difference.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Serve on the Student Ministry team in implementing strategy, initiatives, processes, etc.
- Oversee and develop volunteers.
- Implement consistent training and appreciation.
- Oversee high school program structure and curriculum.
- Develop small group curriculum and activities to assist leaders.
- Hold team accountable for plans, tracking, and development.
- Work with team in structuring all groupings,tracking, etc.
- Oversee all high school events.
- Quarterly large group connection experiences.
- Camps & conferences.
- Local service projects.
- Global service projects.
- Lead out as the key communicator and developer of other communicators.
- Work as a team with the Legacy Campus Middle School Pastor as well with other campus’ Student Ministry Pastors.
SPECIFIC SKILLS / STRENGTHS
- Passionate about reaching high school students for Jesus
- Developer of people to do ministry as a team
- Team player with peers, volunteers, and the larger church body
- Effective communicator
- Relational beyond the walls of the church
- Proactive Learner
CHASE OAKS STAFF PASTOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Commit to doing ministry as a team – develop interdependence among team members and be authentic with team members.
- Commit to participate in the core functions of Chase Oaks Church.
- Participate in and take responsibility for the executionof the Ministry Team planning process.
- Consistently model a life of bridge-building.
- Give Advice and care using a Biblical grid whencalled for (Pastor-of-the-Day calls and general interaction with people).
- Be available to perform sacerdotal functions (weddings, funerals, communion and baptisms).
- Regularly attend and participate in staff and pastoral meetings and/or leadership development opportunities.
- Be available to assist other ministries and pastors with projects or by handling specific assignments.
- Pursue an active, growing relationship with Christ.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- College Degree, School of Theology Degree helpful, but not required.
- Oversee High School Resident
- Ability to speak effectively and understandably on the phone. The ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries regarding Chase Oaks ministries is also required. High attention to customer service.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook calendaring, and email
- Basic knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Databases
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Lifting 5-10 pounds is an occasional but essential requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be asked to bend and kneel.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Student PastorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
Youth PastorCalvary Chapel Petaluma
- Petaluma, California
- January 13
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- January 13
Director of Family MinistriesMinistry Architects
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- January 13