1. Continuing Responsibilities:
- Lead the Children’s Ministry to a balanced implementation of worship, evangelism, fellowship, discipleship, and ministry/service.
- Lead in the goal-setting, planning, organizing, promoting, staffing, directing, and evaluation of a balanced and comprehensive Children’s Ministry.
- Foster a “growth-bias” with staff and key leaders.
- Enlist, train, encourage, and supervise the leadership team necessary for effective outreach and ministry to 5K – 5th grade children and their families.
- Recruit and lead paid staff to serve with a commitment to God’s Word, a whatever it takes attitude, a spirit of excellence, and a selfless disposition.
- Develop thoughtful curriculum, programming, communication structures, and environments in keeping with Ingleside’s commitments, values, and culture.
- Foster healthy inter-team partnerships that grow our current ministries and widen Ingleside’s influence to the community.
- Plan and lead week-by-week discipleship opportunities with children.
- Provide primary leadership to the children’s membership class.
- Prepare and administer the annual budgets for the Children’s Ministry with wise and reasonable fiscal responsibility.
- Provide principle leadership to major Children’s Ministry trips, camps, retreats, and fellowship and outreach events.
- Attend and fully participate in regular and specially called meetings.
- Maintain effective follow-up strategies with guests and baptism candidates.
- Develop healthy family and community relationships outside of normal Sunday and Wednesday ministry schedules.
- Conduct yearly evaluations with staff members.
- Perform pastoral duties as assigned or requested.
2. Primary strengths/gifts/talent required:
- A growing walk with Christ (maintaining habits of personal spiritual discipline)
- Strong organizational, administrative, and management skills
- Exceptional relational skills
- Effective time management
- Growing wisdom and discernment
- An aptitude for teaching, coaching, and training
3. Time required in position: 40+ hours per week/ ‘whatever it takes mentality’ – time for this position would include Monday – Thursday office hours as well as Wednesday night and Sunday morning programming along with ministry-specific
or church-wide events on nights and weekends.
4. Principle minimum requirements:
- Completed or near-completed Master of Divinity degree or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of full-time experience in Children’s Ministry
- Some staff supervision experience preferred