1. WORSHIP LEADER WANTED To reboot a contemporary worship service – entrepreneurial attitude, energy to spare, vision-minded persons may apply. A new staff, new sound system, and new season for the church. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
WESTMINSTER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (Evangelical Presbyterian Church)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP ARTS
The role of the Director of Worship Arts is to envision, lead and facilitate artistic expressions of worship in the context of the Contemporary Worship Service of Westminster Presbyterian Church (“WPC”).
Vision and Ministry Development
- Provide primary musical worship leadership (singing, instrumental) for the Contemporary Service.
- Plan weekly and special worship services in partnership with the Senior Pastor and Worship Staff.
- Develop, oversee, grow and train the volunteer teams needed for facilitating the Sunday morning worship experience (music teams, set-up/tear-down teams, media teams, sound teams, student teams). This includes providing regularly scheduled times for rehearsal and training, as well as scheduling and conducting special services (such as funerals and weddings) and seasonal rehearsals as required.
- Create and maintain a culture of excellence in worship preparation and presentation.
- Create and implement an audition process for worship team members.
- Create, implement and maintain a regular training modules throughout the year for new volunteers.
- Develop guidelines and expectations for worship team members- including a discipleship component.
- Pray for wisdom and vision – and develop a prayer team who will prayerfully support the worship ministries.
- Work consistently and planfully within the framework of tangible program goals and expectations.
- Integrate as much as possible in to the life of Westminster Presbyterian Church and, when possible, participate in all-church activities, such as but not limited to retreats, and seasonal gatherings.
Administrative and Community Duties:
- Fulfill administrative tasks such as, but not limited to, maintaining licenses for song and video use (CCLI and CVLI)); creating schedules for volunteer teams.
- Maintain and grow the contemporary worship song repertoire.
- Design media slides within Pro Presenter for slide projection in worship.
- Attend, as required, continuing development education seminars.
- Develop and manage with the Worship Committee the worship program budget.
- Attend weekly WPC staff meetings and monthly Youth Committee meeting.
Accountability and Evaluation:
- Reports to Head of Staff (Pastor) directly, with regular consultation.
- Inform Pastor, Worship Committee, staff, session and congregation of concerns and ministry needs, through but not limited to:
- Weekly church staff meeting.
- Monthly meeting with chair of Worship Committee and/or Worship Committee
- Accountable to Session via elders of Worship Ministries and Personnel Committee with monthly reports.
- Participate with all ministry staff in team building exercises to include but not limited to, weekly staff meetings, staff retreat and staff gatherings for fellowship, discipleship and training.
- Performance and terms of employment are reviewed by the Pastor, Worship Committee and Personnel after the first 90 days and annually thereafter.
- Must be committed disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, with an understanding of the essentials of the Christian faith, possessing personal maturity in leading and serving others.
- Must be committed to affirming and living the Christian lifestyle.
- Have a sense of calling to the arts within the context of worship.
- Must possess a willingness to be trained and professionally developed.
- Have a strong commitment to own spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being.
- Have a strong commitment to servant leadership, working well independently, as well as part of a team.
- Preferred Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Musical mastery of an instrument.
- Proficiency in music theory as appropriate to contemporary worship leadership.
- An understanding of the music and culture of the genre of contemporary worship.
- Scriptural knowledge, theological competency, and knowledge of the essentials of the Christian faith.
- Proven experience in worship leadership (such as, working with teams, up-front leadership in a prior worship context).
- Technical skills in computer use, to include but not limited to word processing, Pro Presenter or comparable worship software, Planning Center, communication through social media, Facebook, text, email, etc.
- Graphic design, photoshop, web design a plus.
- This is a full-time salaried position
- Salary shall be competitive and will include benefits.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory completion of a background check, including an investigation with the State and Federal authorities regarding any history of criminal activities and personal and professional references.
*Please provide a detailed resume with all relevant experience and references.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Worship LeaderThe Rock
- Bridgeport, Texas
- October 20