MTVchurch is seeking a Student Pastor to lead the MTV Student Ministry (6th grade-12th grade, over 100 active youth) in helping students discover and fulfill their God-given purpose for living. The individual that we are seeking for the position of Student
Pastor will possess a strong desire to reach the next generation for Jesus Christ. Through creative ministry methods and a deep commitment to excellence, this person will model and communicate Biblical principles in a language that students understand. In
keeping with the model of MTVchurch, the student ministry should be exciting, unique, non-traditional and progressive. This individual will live out daily the words that he communicates during the mid-week youth worship service and will find that building
relationships with students on and off the church campus is of vital importance.
We believe that one of the most important aspects of student ministry is to involve students in healthy and challenging small groups where each member is involved relationally with properly trained MTVGroup leaders who see themselves as “front-line ministers”
to our students. With this in mind the Student Pastor must have a clear understanding of shared ministry, sharing the ministry with our adult leaders, parents, and with the students themselves.
Partial list of responsibilities:
- Work in coordination with the overall goals and objectives of MTVchurch’s mission and strategies (find out more at www.mtvchurch.com)
- Work with staff to carry out the ministry goals and vision of the church
- Implement and promote activities to support the student ministry strategies and work with the staff to communicate these activities to other adult leaders, families with students and the church congregation as appropriate
- Plan, schedule, and implement student ministry events throughout the year including mid-week services and Sunday morning small groups and any public speaking and teaching of classes or training sessions as needed within the student ministry
- During the school year, will be present on school campuses by participating in activities such as eating lunch at school, attending school events and functions
- Lead in the preparation and management of the budget for the student ministry
- Purchase supplies and equipment and oversee the use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by the ministry including set up, break down and proper operation
- Other duties as assigned based on skill set and passion
To apply for this position:
- Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide any links to online sermons
- Please send us a short video (or a link to a video) of yourself answering the first two questions and two of the remaining questions:
- Describe how student ministry would look under your leadership on our church campus.
- What are some ways you minister to the youth inside and outside of the church weekly, and how do you intend on extending your student ministry and outreach plans in the future?
- What kind of work environment do you flourish in? Please include examples of the leadership style, setting, and coworkers.
- Give an example of a ministry success and failure during your time in ministry. What did you learn from these experiences?
- How do you handle conflict in situations with students? With parents?
- How do you develop and use team members and volunteers?
- What would you consider your two biggest weaknesses?
- What personal goals do you have?
- What other things should we know about you when considering you for this position?