The Director of Christian Education (DCE) will plan, coordinate, and help implement Grace Episcopal Church's Christian formation ministry programs for a Pastoral Size and Style Congregation 150-200 Sunday attendance)– including curriculum development, volunteer coordination, event planning, and teaching that help our active, diverse congregation grow together in faith, fellowship and discipleship. The DCE will direct the infant through high school Sunday School programs, adult bible studies and other formation programs. The DCE will coordinate youth and children's participation in worship, and contribute to seasonal programs such as Vacation Bible School, and the liturgical year cycle.
- Prioritizes hers/her personal spiritual health and that of the family through study of the Word, corporate & family worship, and maintaining a work schedule that is of benefit to her/him and the family as well as the Grace Church family.
- Able to commit to the mission, vision, and values of Grace Church.
- Genuinely concerned for the spiritual health of the Grace Church family.
- Maintains an attitude of prayer, humility, thanksgiving, generosity, creativity, and love by seeking Christ and the fellowship of the church pastoral and lay leadership on a regular basis.
- A model of Christ-likeness in all areas of life. Humble, teachable, and moldable. A servant leader with a shepherd’s heart.
- A team player that can work within an organization structure.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops a sustainable Christian Education ministry program. Ideally separating the respective Christian formation programs for children, middle and high school youth (dependent on size of group) and adults (men and women and any other groups).
- Recruit and develop a ministry team to effectively implement the formation programs. This includes a significant level of leadership development.
- Develop smaller group opportunities for families, youth and adults (can be led by volunteers).
- Develop intentional events designed to build community.
Other Potential Duties
- Work with the Rector and lay leadership to cast clear vision for the Education program of Grace church.
- Work with key lay leaders to develop community evangelism, outreach and service opportunities.
- Be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ with a clear conversion experience.
- Be maturing in Christ as evidenced by an active, daily, quiet time of prayer and Bible study.
- Growing commitment to Christ, including a strong biblical foundation.
- Love for children, families, youth and adults, and a strong passion for ministry.
- Self-motivated, organized administrator
- Relational ministry style
- Commit to and connect with Grace Church's mission, vision, and values
- Affirm and support Grace Church’s Education ministry goals
- Affirm and support Grace Church’s Vision and Mission values.
- Able and willing to become a covenant member of Grace Church.
Education, Experience and Salary
- Active leader in Christian Education ministry program as a volunteer or paid staff for a minimum of 2 years, preferably in a liturgical Church.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a Christian college/university/seminary required with a concentration in Christian Education ministry preferred.
- $21,000 (+/-) for a maximum work load of 15 hours weekly depending on education & experience.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20