JOB DESCRIPTION: WORSHIP DIRECTOR
- Purpose: To lead others in the worship of God, presenting the truth of God’s Word through music and other creative arts, resulting in the fuller participation of the congregation in the worship of God.
- Vision: Use music and visual arts to lead people to the living God.
- Implementation: Committed to the mission, vision and values of ElmCreek Community Church, incorporating different forms of media and style to effectively present the truth of God’s Word.
- Work with the Sr. Pastor to create a Christ-centered worship service.
- Plan weekly worship services with the Senior Pastor as well as other qualified leaders.
- Lead Sunday morning worship services in the aspect of music and visual arts.
- Oversee technical aspects of ElmCreek’s worship.
- Oversee rehearsals for the worship team and other media teams.
- Recruit and mentor others for leadership within the worship and media teams.
AVERAGE TIME COMMITMENT:
Approx. 8-10 hours/week. Primary time commitment includes mid-week rehearsals, Sunday morning rehearsals and service(s), regular staffing with the Senior Pastor, and emails, texts, phone calls, and other contacts with team members.