- Professing, growing, and committed Christian pursuing Biblical church leadership standards in personal and family life. I Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2:1-13; Titus 1:5-9.
- Evangelical orientation in theology and evangelical spirit in full agreement with the doctrinal position of Cornerstone Church.
- Belief and commitment to contributing to an environment of cooperative teamwork with other members of the worship team and other church ministry teams and leaders.
- Spiritual maturity and commitment to the values and mission of Cornerstone Church.
- Commitment to CCLB Membership, weekly service attendance, serving and small-group community life.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors, Masters or other Christian education degree in music, worship or a related field.
- Has a solid calling to serve as a supporting pastor in a growing pastoral staff.
- The ability to lead, encourage and bring a high level of consistent quality to multiple weekend worship services.
- Capable of working with teams of professionals and volunteer vocalists, band members and tech teams.
- Enthusiastic for innovation yet guided by sensitivity and consideration for the various life-stages represented in a multi-generational church.
- A high level understanding of music styles from hymns to contemporary.
- Ability to lead worship while playing guitar preferred.
- Ability to read and write music notation preferred.
- Comfortable in a contemporary yet non-Charismatic worship environment.
- Experience in leading worship in a church of 500-700 or more.
- Familiar with or willing to learn Pro-Presenter, Song Select and Planning Center Online as standard worship management/presentation tools.
- Experienced Mac/Apple operating system user with digital music notation software skills.
- This position requires managing budgets and several direct reports including professional staff musicians, AV, film/broadcast (video and live-stream). Please do not apply if you have limited experience in fulfilling this requirement.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES, including but not limited to:
- Prepare vocalists, band members and tech teams to provide and maintain consistent, high standards of excellence for all Cornerstone worship services. Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and mentor/train middle school, high school, college, and
weekend main church service worship leaders, all with direction and vision partnership with the lead pastor.
- Develop and direct special Christmas and Easter services that may include orchestral and choir teams combined with multi-generational musicians and vocalists.
- Ability to manage and coordinate several types of projects and processes simultaneously.
- Proven experience in overseeing professional audio, lighting, video and live-stream ministries is a plus.
- Accountability for budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory management.
- Desire and ability to work and thrive in a pastoral team and elder-board led environment.
- Experience and maturity in how to handle personal and team issues, conflicts and/or integrity or moral failures, per Biblical guidelines and doctrinal mandates.
- A passion for worshipping Jesus
- Love for and a high commitment to the local church
- Detailed, capable communicator
- Excellent time-management
- A team player
- Embraces change but also understands the value of tradition and stability for the congregation
- Composed in a fast-paced environment; ability to “adapt on the fly” as needed
- Intentional in relationship building and keeping teams informed, motivated and inspired
- Hours: Full Time (salaried)
- Responsible and Accountable to the Lead Pastor