We’re looking for just the right “A” player to fill a key pastoral position here at The Journey Church in Boca Raton, FL.
We’re looking for a Pastor of Families & Men / Teaching Pastor to join our team.
Don’t apply unless…
- you love reaching unchurched families
- you love Pastor Nelson Searcy’s books, “Ignite” and “Connect”
- you have a Master’s level education or 7 years of significant ministry experience in a church of 400+ attendance
However, if you’re passionate about reaching families and are willing to devote yourself to “giving the people of South Florida the best opportunity to become fully developing followers of Jesus,” you may be just the right fit!
Here’s the official position description:
Pastor of Families & Men / Teaching Pastor @ The Journey Church in Boca Raton:
The Journey is a contemporary 14-year old church with campuses in New York City, Queens, NY and Boca Raton, FL.
Evangelism is the heart of our church. Over the last 14 years we have seen thousands of people make decisions to follow Christ in our church and over 2,000 people baptized.
The position of full-time Pastor of Families & Men is currently available at our newest location in Boca Raton.
The Journey – Boca Raton began weekly services in February 2011, and since then has seen over 300 people baptized and averages 300 people in attendance each week.
The Pastor of Families & Men / Teaching Pastor position is full-time and reports directly to Lead Pastor Jason Hatley, while working in harmony with the other pastors of the Boca Raton staff.
This pastor position would give leadership to our growing Journey Kidz ministry (60+ children ages 5th grade and under, with the potential to grow to over 200), our emerging Student ministry (6th – 12th grade), our ministry to men and families in the church and community, and serve as a member of the teaching team and executive leadership team.
Salary is $65,000-$75,000 depending on experience, and the position is available immediately (although we’re patient in order to find the right person).
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a great and growing team in a beautiful, although highly unchurched, part of the country.
So, are you called to serve in South Florida?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy Children’s ministry of 60+ kids?
Are you passionate about reaching families and growing our new student ministry for 6th – 12th grade?
Do you love evangelism?
Are you excited about the opportunity to reach families in a highly unchurched area utilizing web, marketing and design, as well as Servant Evangelism and Community Outreach projects?
Do you love to see parents and children begin their walk with Christ and help them take the step of Baptism?
Are you passionate about developing the leadership gifts and calling of men in the church?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of ‘serving as part of discipleship’ and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched families?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up The Journey Church in Boca Raton, FL.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey’s Evangelism System.
- Hands-on direction for our Sunday Journey Kidz Ministry, as well as growing our new Student Ministry, and investing in families at The Journey.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate.
- Organizational and administrative skills are an absolute must.
- The ability to teach and contribute to The Journey’s teaching team as well as the ability to work well with and lead staff.
- Must be extremely hard-working and have had leadership experience on a large or growing church staff.
Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to serve as a supporting pastor
- The ability to manage a large and growing Family Ministry and Evangelism system
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- Experience in a large/growing church
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for discipleship and not letting anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Comfortable in a non-Charismatic worship environment
- Experience in a church of 500 or more is a bonus
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the books “Ignite: How to Spark Immediate Growth in Your Church” and “Connect: How to Double Your Number of Volunteers” by Nelson Searcy?
(3) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to South Florida?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, but contacting the church in other ways shows that you can’t follow instructions and thus you won’t be considered – ha (but true!).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Kids Ministry Leader (Pastor)Private Profile
- Hayward, California
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20
The Journey Church
Lead Pastor Jason Hatley and his wife Karen moved to Boca Raton in the summer of 2010 to start The Journey Church.
Jason served as a pastor of The Journey Church in Manhattan for nearly a decade prior to feeling called to start The Journey’s newest location here in South Florida.
In September 2010, The Journey held its first monthly service with 169 people in attendance. The Journey met monthly through February 2011, growing steadily, serving the community and sharing Christ with the people More...