It is expected that each member of the Shady Grove staff will worship regularly; will attend to their spiritual growth through participation in a small study group or regular devotional time and through the discovery and employment of their spiritual gifts;
will give regularly in support of Shady Grove; will pray for the ministry and mission of Shady Grove; will participate in continuing education activities related to the appropriate areas of responsibility. Provides clear leadership for assigned areas in support
of Shady Grove mission.
Provides leadership and direction for Shady Grove contemporary worship services including instrumentalists, vocalists, environment, graphics and related media. Key member of creative team along with Sr. Pastor and others to provide excellence in contemporary
worship experiences at Shady Grove.
Works under the direction of the Senior Pastor
All staff and volunteers involved in contemporary worship service.
Experience: At least five years’ experience in successfully designing and leading excellent contemporary worship experiences.
Skills: Highly developed musical skills with the ability to lead worship and worship bands in a cutting edge worship environment. Technical expertise to build and maintain a highly technical worship environment. Team-building skills to create the entire team
required for an excellent contemporary worship setting. Proficiency with ProPresenter 5. Strong relational skills both personal and via telephone; verbal and written communication skills; ability to multitask; flexibility; maintains confidentiality of sensitive
information without exception. Connection with the theological position of Shady Grove United Methodist Church. Demonstrated leadership skills in a variety of settings. Strong commitment to continuing education. Musical proficiencies in guitar, keyboard and
other instruments preferred. Ability to read music preferred.
Knowledge: Theological foundations for contemporary worship. Current on technology used for worship and worship environment, as well as trends in contemporary worship and worship music.
- Serves on the Shady Grove staff with primary responsibility for contemporary worship environments.
- Assists in developing and fulfilling all strategic objectives of Shady Grove as adopted by the Administrative Board.
- Responsible for setting goals; developing and managing budgets; recruiting, training and motivating lay involvement in contemporary worship.
- Participates in worship planning and design.
- Provides primary leadership for the creation of an excellent contemporary worship environment in the worship center including weekly set up and breakdown, with ongoing responsibility for operation and maintenance of the all systems in the contemporary worship
- Participate in special services including Christmas, Holy Week, funerals, etc.
- Provides on-going leadership for contemporary worship staff and volunteers.
- Attends all Staff and leadership meetings as required and ensures that contemporary worship and music ministries are effectively represented.
Note: The responsibilities identified above are not intended to be all-inclusive. There are numerous tasks essential to the successful fulfillment of our mission; therefore, an employee may
be assigned other related projects by the senior pastor or the Staff-Parish Relations Committee as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Performance will be formally reviewed annually. The review of this job description will be a part of the annual performance review.
Please forward resume and video to Dr. Tom Mabry at the address below.