Staff Ministry Profile
VV WORSHIP MINISTER
SELECTION PROCESS: SLT Approval DIRECT REPORT: VV Lead Pastor
Supervise the development of worship and creative teams to engage HDC’s VV Campus worship services, in addition to keeping track of information flow in all worship services. Develop plans for HDC’s VV Campus large group gatherings for adults, in conjunction
with the VV Campus Lead Pastor, Productions, and Facility Team.
Assist the VV team with their community investment as appropriate.
Assist with the logistics, atmosphere, stage and set design, as well as the various aspects of the visual creativity needed for HDC’s all-campus worship services (ie, Christmas Eve).
Participate in general pastoral duties: • Hospital visitation
• Parishioner encouragement
• Board reports
• Daily prayer meetings
• Weekly staff meetings
• Small group participation • POC
NOTE: Percentages are intended as estimates and should be evaluated in light of a 45 hour workweek.
High Desert Church is an evangelical community ministering to approximately 5,000 - 6,000 active participants. HDC is a multi-site church, extending our mission to four different regional communities (Victorville, Apple Valley, Hesperia and Phelan) through
separate worship experiences and strategic opportunities for personal growth.
HDC’s purpose is to prepare every generation to change their worlds for Christ. Throughout biblical history, God has utilized the "extended family" as His primary target for evangelism. That group of close relationships, which we
refer to as your "world," is framed by the Greek word oikos (household), a word that surfaces often throughout the Greek New Testament. On average, it is made up of anywhere from eight to fifteen people whom God has supernaturally and strategically
placed on your life’s front burner. Our ministry is designed to specifically prepare individuals to more effectively engage those "eight to fifteen," their oikos, with both a clear demonstration and articulate declaration of faith in Jesus.
HDC seeks to fulfill our purpose within the framework of our core values:
1) Truthful - We believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God; that it is not simply another tool that one can draw on from life's smorgasbord of self-improvement resources; and that it is true all the
time, for everyone in every generation.
2) Helpful - We believe that God's people should leave every church experience feeling confident that the principles they heard or the encouragement they received will make them more effective worldchangers.
3) Durable - We believe that a local church should be structured in such a way as to provide for effective ministry through multiple generation cycles, depending less on the personality of a single leader and more on the team model of leadership.
4) Enjoyable - We believe that there is no good reason for church to be boring, that both spiritual enrichment and personal enjoyment can coexist.