To assist Children’s Minister in planning, preparing, and leading programs and ministries that will help teach children ages to become followers of Jesus, specifically infant through Kindergarten. To assist with general administrative ministry tasks, such
as sending emails, making phone calls, preparing mail outs, etc.
To apply for this position send your resume to: email@example.com
- Under the supervision of the Children's Minister, oversee the Preschool Ministry Department
- Implement biblical lessons for Infant - Kindergarten classes on Sunday morning & Wednesday night
- Coordinate, enlist, and train Extended Session volunteers and Greeting Station Volunteers
- Coordinate paid-worker schedules
- Establishes and maintains relationships with teachers and parents to enlist and train for teachers, volunteers, and substitutes.
- Assist with training Sunday school teachers, Mission Friends leaders, Children Choir leaders, & Paid Childcare staff
- Assist with the development of a Sunday night program for Birth - Kindergarten
- Coordinate VBS for ages 3 & younger / Co-direct & Assist with all VBS functions
- Greet, register, and direct members and guests at the preschool welcome centers on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, and during special events.
- Enforce FBC security procedures
- Prepare weekly snacks for preschool rooms
- Attend to the cleanliness and organization of the Preschool Ministry area & Resource Rooms
- Monitor supplies
- Assist with preparation & execution for all Children's Ministry events
- Participate in Children's Ministry outreach
- Attend weekly prayer & meeting with the Children's Minister
- Provide Children's Minister with administrative support, such as making phone calls, sending emails, preparing mail outs, and other duties as assigned
- Fill in for Children's Minister in the event of illness, vacation, etc.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passion for Children's Ministry
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of First Baptist Church
- Member or become a member of FBC
- Attend worship on a regular bases (2 Sundays a month minimum)
- Proven experience in administration
- Exhibits professionalism which is demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, and professional attire
- Ability to share the Gospel with a child
- 2-3 years working with children age Kindergarten or below
- Associate degree or higher
- Knowledge of Microsoft Computer Programs