St. Luke’s UMC is one of the largest United Methodist churches in the U.S. with a membership of nearly 6,000. We are an open community of Christians, gathering to seek, celebrate, live and share the love of God for all creation. We are called to make
Disciples of Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Videographer position consists of an individual who is passionate about visual media, video production and live broadcast. They will serve in the Communications Department and will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications. This
individual will also work closely with the creative team to ensure that all forms of creative worship are supported to create excellence in our worship services and throughout St. Luke’s United Methodist Church. This person is highly skilled with video editing
software (Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premier, Pro CC, Avid Media Composer, etc.), creativity behind the camera and has a strong technical background that includes equipment, lighting, etc. Demonstrated skills with Adobe Creative Suite and motion graphics are
a plus. Must be willing to expand their knowledge into other technical areas where needed.
- Proactively seek out God stories and avenues in which those may occur; work with other ministry areas to surface and capture compelling, life-changing stories.
- Communicate and further the vision and values of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church as it relates to video projects
- Proactive member of the Communications Team; consistently contributes creative ideas for video and other initiatives that further ministry goals and priorities.
- Coordinate with Worship Team to provide support for worship services including promotions, ministry highlights, announcements, sermon support, etc.
- Participate in storyboarding process with ministries to support overall communication strategies and plans.
- Capture b-roll at various church-wide events, on or off-campus, that support or relate to the ministry of SLUMC.
- Assist in development of communications budget and stewardship of video equipment.
- Adept at connecting with people in a variety of settings to recruit volunteers, train and support them to assist in the creation, filming and editing of various projects; develop a leadership pipeline as qualified volunteers emerge.
- Be aware of what is going on in the life of the church and be ready to capture moments that may not have been planned.
- Capture still images on occasion as needed.
- Provide video editing support for weekend services and other events; coordinate with other departments to provide video editing support, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
v Mature follower of Christ who supports the culture of SLUMC.
v Highly relational storyteller with an ability to “pull” good stories out of people that translate into compelling video.
v Ability to communicate informational/promotional messages creatively and compellingly.
v Ability to remain humble and flexible in the creative process; willingness to sacrifice artistic ambition in consideration of content, time restraints and maintaining clarity for all audiences.
v Ability to work in a complex, multifunctional environment with multiple projects running simultaneously.
v Ability to “switch gears” on short notice and embrace flexibility when priorities shift.
v Ability to translate spiritual concepts into visual representations.
v Passion for learning new technologies, techniques and visual styles.
v Flexible with scheduling of work hours to meet needs of various activities.
v 2 – 5 years of related experience or training.
v Willingness to participate in Social Media activities a plus.
v Must submit to a background check
The ideal candidate is a person passionate about the Christian faith, who actively seeks to grow in personal relationship with God, who is committed to the mission and vision of St. Luke’s, and who serves out of a sense of call.
This is a full-time position. Some scheduling flexibility required.
Submit resume and work sample to:
Director, Marketing & Communications
St. Luke’s UMC
100 W. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260