Trenton Mennonite Church
Music Coordinator – Part Time
Enhances the worship experience of the congregation by providing direction, oversight, and coordination of the musical elements of worship services.
The following is a general list of the basic duties of the part-time Music Coordinator.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts the music ministry, incorporating a variety of musical types both contemporary and traditional. Develops the plan with assistance from the Pastor, keeping in mind sermon topics and seasonal themes.
- Works with the Pastor and musical accompanists in developing creative musical worship which enhances the overall impact and experience of the service.
- Leads the congregation in musical worship during the Sunday church services and during special seasonal programs.
- Coordinates additional special music utilizing internal and external musicians and vocalists.
- Encourages the development of spiritual, musical, artistic, and technical gifts of others.
- Coordinates the preparation of audio visual material used during the worship service.
- In conjunction with Church Council, develops a music ministry budget proposal, and administers that budget as approved by Council.
Skills & Requirements
In addition to passing a criminal background check as a condition of employment, the Music Coordinator should:
- Possess a strong musical background and training, with the experience and ability to read music and lead the congregation in worship.
- Possess experience in integrating different genres/styles of music into the worship experience
- Possess effective communications skills (both orally and written).
- Possess good time management skills by being on time for practices, church services and meetings.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess the interpersonal skills needed to relate to a diverse group of people such as pastoral staff, musicians, church leaders and members.
Above all, the Music Coordinator must believe that God has a purpose for him/her in this ministry. He/she must demonstrate a strong faith and commitment to Jesus Christ and be able to share his/her faith with the congregation.
The Music Coordinator is directly accountable to, supervised and guided by the Church Pastor.
Part-time = 6-8 hrs/week ($125-$175 per week based on experience)
Please submit resume to Pastor Ron Wenzel at email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus Worship LeaderCalvary Chapel Church
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- September 28
Worship & Creative ArtsVintage Faith Church
- Santa Cruz, California
- September 27
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Director of MusicOur Savior Lutheran Church
- Livermore, California
- September 25
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24