Calvary is a church with a rich history, a love for kids and a strong commitment to invest in the next generation. We are located in a family friendly community, just 20 minutes east of Lexington, KY. We are seeking the right person to lead our ministry
to children and their families. This person should have an unmistakable passion for children, and a desire to serve them through the local church.
You will be serving as part of the “Family Ministries” team, reporting directly to our Family Ministries Pastor and alongside our Youth Pastor and Teen Center Director. Once hired, you will have the opportunity to come onboard as we are re-visioning a 2020
Ministry Plan. Key Volunteers and part-time employees help to complete your ministry team as you lead and serve the families of Calvary.
Scope of Position:
The Children’s Pastor/Minister is responsible for ministry to all children & their families, birth through 5th Grade. This ministry serves in partnership with parents and families, ensuring that the next generation is discipled to
fully become who God created them to be.
- Develop, implement, and oversee the strategy for all aspects of Children’s Ministry.
- Build & invest in a growing team of staff & volunteers through invitation, training, development, discipleship, & empowerment.
- Build & develop ministries that focus on discipleship – helping children, students, & families fully become who God created them to be.
- Fully embrace, commit to, and implement the strategy of Calvary’s Mission by creating environments and opportunities that correspond to SEEK, SERVE & SHARE.
- Create environments, ministries, and programs that children WANT to be a part of. These efforts should exude fun, energy, & excitement – while offering substance in our discipleship efforts.
- Provide tools, training, and opportunities that equip parents/guardians to effectively disciple their own children.
- Develop & manage the Children’s Ministry budget, in full cooperation with the Family Ministry Department.
Desired Gifts, Skills, & passions:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Leadership gifts, with a shepherd’s heart. Be a leader of leaders.
- Previous experience with multi-site ministry preferred
- Experience in recruiting, motivating and equipping volunteers
- Strong team building & communication skills.
- Passion for developing spiritually healthy families to grow in their faith together
- Strong administrative skills with basic computer software and capacity to learn new software such as Photoshop, Planning Center and others.
How To Apply: Please email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- A Philosophy (Rationale or Strategy) of Children’s Ministry
- Anything else that you’d like us to see
For more information about the position - visit our website: