The primary responsibilities of this position involve the coordination of all Evangelism and Connecting Ministries under the mission of the church: Becoming Disciples of Jesus To Make a Difference. These ministries will be organized around
the church’s ministry strategy of: Connect, Learn, Grow, Serve, Give.
The job responsibilities are:
- Staff person responsible for the Connecting Ministries Team: evangelism, marketing, advertising and guest follow-up.
- Work with other staff members to incorporate an evangelism emphasis to all church activities when appropriate.
- Organizer, recruiter, and teacher of Evangelism Explosion.
- Research, assimilate, evaluate, and execute the latest evangelism strategies as required in order to effectively reach people for Christ in a postmodern culture.
- Organize and teach a “Welcome to Trinity” orientation classes in cooperation with the adult education staff person and the Assimilation/Stewardship committee.
- Organize and facilitate a United Methodism orientation class in cooperation with the adult education staff person.
- Organize and coordinate with other staff the greeter and hospitality needs for special events on the campus.
- Staff liaison with Witness Council.
- Staff liaison with Alpha Council and involved in Alpha ministry (delivering talks, leading and assisting table discussion, theological support and leadership, technical support).
- Staff liaison to greeters, ushers, and Welcome Center Ambassadors.
- Oversee production of nametags for Members, Staff, Ushers, and Greeters, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and meet with other staff to plan events and activities related to evangelism.
- Submit weekly article to the ENTOS (church newsletter).
- Meet with the senior pastor as needed.
- Attend various ministry opportunities at Trinity to network with and support Trinity family members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend continuing education seminars to enhance the gifts given for ministry.