This vital role in our church will provide pastoral leadership for the students, 6th-12th grades, their parents, and the volunteer leaders at the Crosspoint campus. Our vision for this position is to assist us in reaching students from the Crosspoint campus, but our expectation is to have a cohesive student ministry across both campuses (West University Baptist Church) led by a close-knit Student Ministry team. We are currently under construction on two youth ministry facilities, one on each campus, as we seek to reach and impact students for Christ in our respective communities. This is a full-time position that will report to the Crosspoint Campus Pastor.
Key attributes for this position:
- Spiritual depth – a person who loves God and has a strong, consistent walk with Him.
- Maturity – speech, demeanor, and actions indicate a person who makes wise decisions
- Interpersonal skills – relates well to people of all ages, backgrounds, and interests
- Team builder – recruits and motivates volunteers to maximize ministry effectiveness
- Able to teach – gifted communicator of biblical truths, making them relevant for audience
- Doctrinally sound – solid biblical and theological foundation
- Administration – able to stay on top of the many details of the ministry
- Self-starter – takes initiative and works well with limited supervision
- Excellence – has high expectations for self and others on the team
- Integrity – conducts self so that motives and actions are above reproach
- Creativity – keeps the ministry fresh by introducing innovative ideas and techniques
- If married, models healthy, biblically based marriage; spouse shares these attributes
- Problem solver – a person who can use wisdom, discernment and maturity to mediate in godly manner
- A sense of humor – ability to have fun, laugh at oneself and experience shared humor with all age groups.
- Maintain an active spiritual life including daily time in Bible study and prayer and relationships with mature Christians who will encourage your walk.
- Provide oversight and leadership for Sunday morning Bible Study and Wednesday night ministry at Crosspoint:
- Creating an attractive environment
- Recruiting and developing leaders
- Teaching and administration as needed
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships with:
- Crosspoint students in 6th-12th grades
- Parents of these students
- Volunteer leaders
- Be in tune with the spiritual (and other) needs of any of the people within your sphere of ministry, and be prepared to minister to them.
- Develop and lead outreach efforts to un-churched and prospective members in these grades.
- Lead by example – directly involved in outreach and personal evangelism
- Coordinate and encourage outreach by other leaders
- Create an environment in which students regularly invite their friends
- Assist in planning and leading major events and periodic social activities during the school year and summer. The majority of these events include youth from both campuses. They include youth camp, mission trip, and discipleship weekend.
- Counseling – Provide initial counseling as needed with students and their families, and refer to qualified professionals in situations that call for ongoing, specialized, or crisis care.
- Network with other student ministers to be informed of other ministry ideas and opportunities. In particular, be informed of local events, concerts, gatherings, etc for ministry.
- Be informed of current secular trends and issues.
Please submit resumes to:
Crosspoint Campus Pastor
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Pastor Of Junior High FamiliesCrossRoads Church
- Red Deer County, Alberta
- October 19