Director of Student Ministries
It is expected that this position will have evening hours - ministry programming, any schedule worship team gatherings/practice and/or student events and activities. There will be a regular weekly flow of hours and schedule balancing ministry rhythms and a balanced home/non-work life. We often need to engage challenging students.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for oversight and leadership of some aspects of high school ministry within the Student Ministry (SM) department. This position is critical for the development of Christ centered environments and student training and equipping in ministry. Planning for and executing programming will be a large portion of the responsibilities for this position. Diversity is a core value and should be evident. Since we work closely in team, engagement and inclusion in overall ministry development is expected.
- Develop and execute ministry programs with excellence and that they are in line with the church ministry vision, values and threads-Worship, Grow, Serve, Share
- Personal, one on one
- Small Group
- Assist in developing curriculum choices for all high school programs elements: HS Ignite, Sunday Morning and Growth Groups
- Develop methods and strategies to care for and disciple students
- Provide Spiritual nurture to students through Biblical instruction, guidance and positive role modeling
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis
- Develop appropriate outreach opportunities for the students: HS Ignite Programming
- Develop events and activities for High School Students: Pirates Game, Sky Zone, Ice Skating, etc.
- Assist in recruiting adult leaders to ensure quality ministry, student discipleship and effective use of resources.
- Engage, equip and empower adult leaders to work with students and own ministry
- Assist with appreciation and care for adult leaders: Leader Picnics, Christmas Party
- Continue to grow spiritually, personally, and in ministry according to personal development
- Share ownership of the ministry with staff: appropriate delegation of tasks, inclusion in vision of ministry, inclusion in event ideas and planning, and communication about student/leader issues
- Develop understand of ministry budget: knowledge to be a steward of God give resources to for Kingdom purposes. Process of receipts and payments: retreats, events, programs, etc
- Consistent knowledge and tracking of student attendance
- Coordinate with worship team when appropriate to ensure consistency of message
- Attend ACAC ministry team meeting and participate in monthly staff devotions
- Attend SM weekly meetings - planning, student/leader care,
- Connect monthly for accountability and development
- Utilize and maintain cross departmental relationships
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Coaching - Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Developing Others - Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work - Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Model spiritual leadership and lifestyle consistent with the beliefs of ACAC
- Bachelor degree and/or additional education in related field
- Excellent people skills - can balance the administrative and the relational
- A love for people and a heart for discipleship
- Desire to work in a team environment - yet be able to work independently, deal with conflict and relationship building
- This position will require some heavy lifting - of needed sound and lighting equipment.
- Sitting, standing, walking, and occasionally climbing stairs are typical activities in this role.
- Talking (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word) and hearing (perceiving the nature of sounds) are required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Allegheny Center Alliance Church
As a community of Jesus' followers, we're committed to communicating His compassion, justice, transforming power, and liberating truth by our deeds and words. We're committed to modeling His kingdom as an intentionally diverse church family - ethnically, socially and economically. We're committed to making a difference in the lives of our people - who come from the entire metropolitan area - and the life of the North Side community, where our campus is located. And we're committed to planting communities of Jesus' followers More...