The Videographer participates in filming for the Media Department of Mid-Cities and participates in processes to ensure the mission of Mid-Cities Media is being accomplished. Our mission is to excellently and effectively communicate vision, events, and life-change
to the people of Mid-Cities and beyond. We strive to make sure that the print, video, web, and social media we produce is clear, consistent, compelling, timely, and authentic to who we are.
The Videographer is responsible for conceptualization and direction of video applications such as weekly sermon capture / broadcast, video announcements, testimonials, community advertisements, online-tutorials, corporate identity, and church service collateral,
from concept to completion.
As an organization/church, we value the power of a compelling story. We want to hire a highly-experienced videographer that can tell testimonies from our members and build a team of videographers. The work week will solely revolve around making videos with
limited admin work. Occasionally, we will need a 30-60 second bumper, commercial or event promotion segment. These can be outsourced or given to volunteers/interns so that your workload is dedicated to impactful stories.
- Produce video for Mid-Cities Church.
- Film and direct church-wide videos (interviews, special events, etc.) Create support videos for worship services (bumpers, countdowns, motion backgrounds, etc.)
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud to create videos
- Employ color, type, illustration, photography, audio capture, and other various videography techniques when directing a project
- Catalog and archive video footage
- Organize and maintain the production studio
- Operate and care for video equipment
- Manage videography freelancers and other support contractors on an as- needed basis.
- Attend department meetings
- Comply with all Mid-Cities media processes
- Comply with Mid-Cities design standards and branding rules
- Consistently meet production deadlines
- Meet with communication director and ministry heads to collaborate on vision to be expressed in video form
- 3+ years of videographer experience
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Possession of creative air, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Knowledge and ability to operate technical gear including DSLR camera, recording gear, digital video equipment, lighting
- equipment, and audio equipment
- Demonstrable videography skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas with ministry leaders Highly pro cient in all video aspects
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines
- Write and propose scripts and video outlines
- Recruit and schedule volunteers
- Ability to organize, systematize, and make sure that we are accomplishing the mission of Mid-Cities Media
- Effective communication in and out of video process
- Clear communication to media team, departments, and church body Proactive/Forward thinking with relation to the media department Produce impactful videos repeatedly throughout the year
- Translate ministry-speci c vision of creative elements into a nished product Achieve the desired goal with each video
- Create content that aligns with demographics and life-stages of audience
- Employer Matching 401K or 401K Roth up to 7%
- Medical Insurance Paid by Mid-Cities for Employee Only
- Vision/Dental paid by Employee
- 16 Days of Paid Time Off (Pro-Rated for hire dates in 2016)
- Christmas Bonuses To Be Determined
*Attention, this description is not all-inclusive, and other duties may be assigned as necessary.