The Director is responsible to lead New Hope counseling, support/recovery groups and Care. Oversees and equips Care/New Hope staff, develops new ideas and direction for Care on all campuses, administers the budget, develops, trains and equips lay counselors, support/recovery leaders and other Care volunteer leaders.
JOB DUTIES ANd RESPONSIBILITIES
Equip, Develop and Train
- Lay counselors
- Support / Recovery leaders
- Pre-marital mentors
- Care/New Hope Staff on all campuses
- Care groups and ministries
Supervisory - Central services
- Care/New Hope Staff and leader teams
- New Hope Counseling Services Coordinator
- Care/New Hope Administrative Assistant
- Care/New Hope Coordinator
- Care Pastors
Vision cast – Central Services
- CARE Pastor
- Multi-site Care/New Hope
- New and start-up support/recovery/care groups for all campuses
- Network with local licensed MFT’s
- Prepare budget and presentation of Care/New Hope for Leadership
- Responsible for implementing budget throughout year
- Responsible for Benevolence annual budget
- Oversee Benevolence with CARE pastor and New Hope Counseling Services Coordinator
- Advise on Security Confidential documentation
- Approve financial assistance for 3rd party referral counseling
- Oversee all media/web for Care/New Hope
- Strategically increase Care/ New Hope visibility at CS campuses, local churches, groups, organizations, counseling centers, mortuaries, etc.
- Oversee training and equipping of staff and leaders regarding Care/New Hope for the following areas
- Counseling/referral services
- NH-NRF/confidential notes
- Security confidential documentation
- Care groups and ministries
Lay Counseling Education and Continuing Education
- Teach/train students for 16 week Lay Counseling Ed.
- Supervise and provide training for leaders.
Lay Counseling and Care/New Hope leaders
- Monthly supervisors meeting for all Lay Counselors.
- Training of staff, Support and Recovery group leaders, Care leaders and Lay Counselors
- Remain current on lay/pastoral counseling legal ethics.
- Train and equip mentors for pre-marital counseling program.
- Maintain current status on prepare and enrich certificate.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strengths should include: Relator, restorative, organizer, strong leadership skills, evaluator, planner, developer, resource manager
- 3-5 years’ experience in Christian counseling
- Ability to develop and direct a solid counseling and recovery team
- A growing Christian as supported by a signed statement of faith from Cornerstone Fellowship.
- An ongoing display of Christ-like behavior, treating others with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Regular attendance in ministry and worship at Cornerstone Fellowship.
- Regular, timely attendance in the
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Cornerstone Fellowship started with a handful of people meeting in a living room in 1992 to study the Bible and live life together. Over the past 20+ years, Cornerstone has grown into a church with multiple campuses and ministries, but we're still just a group of people who want to learn how to live like Jesus. More...