Grace United Methodist Church located in Venice, FL is seeking a full-time Youth Ministry Director to continue growing its ministry with teens. Grace is a community of faith called by Christ to graciously welcome people, intentionally grow disciples, and
generously serve others. A multigenerational congregation with an average weekly worship attendance 400. Please visit our website http://www.graceontheisland.com to learn more about the church.
Grace is looking to fill this position with a highly qualified, self-motivated person of deep faith as soon as possible.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com Applications will be considered as they are received.
- leading a ministry focused on students experiencing Christ and growing as disciples
- engaging students in mission and service
- developing leadership among youth
- creating an atmosphere where youth can be open to hearing God’s call on their lives
- building relationships with students and their families
- reaching out to students and families in the community
- inviting, equipping and supporting adult team members to serve in the ministry
The best candidates will have:
- a deep faith in Christ and a commitment to model that faith in daily living
- a calling and passion to be in ministry with students (6th-12th grade)
- the capacity to oversee youth ministry in a multi-staff church setting
- experience working with youth in a church setting
- a clear understanding and commitment to Wesleyan theology
- strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
What you can expect:
- a Christ-centered, supportive, energetic and capable staff team
- a committed team of adults willing to serve in youth ministry
- a crew of parents ready to assist as desired and needed
- a supportive community of faith
- full-time salary commensurate with experience, pension and vacation benefits