Cornerstone Ministries, a dynamic non-denominational church, located just east of Pittsburgh in Murrysville, PA is currently seeking a full-time Student Ministries Pastor. Cornerstone is a church committed to reaching the next generation and seeks a qualified
applicant who understands the importance of both evangelism and discipleship in a large church setting. Average weekend attendance at Cornerstone is 2000+. Interested candidates should carefully review the detailed job description below and contact
Alan Hannah, Lead Associate Pastor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cornerstone Ministries’ Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for pastoral care and leadership of our Student Ministries. Student Ministries cover youth from 6th through 12th grade. Responsibilities include planning, administering,
coordinating, supervising and evaluating comprehensive Student Ministries. The Student Ministries Pastor provides supervision, direction, and guidance to the full time Middle School Ministry Director and a part time Administrative Assistant.
- Provide servant leadership in helping to support and fulfill the mission, vision, objectives and goals of the church
- Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Loyal to Cornerstone Ministries, the Pastors and staff
- Demonstrate a commitment to Christian living, espouse a Christian philosophy of life, and belief in the Christian Church and her teachings in accordance with Cornerstone’s stated policies and beliefs
- Assist others to cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate personal disciplines
- Assist in conveying Cornerstone’s message and carrying out its mission and leading others toward Christian maturity
- Provide leadership in helping to support and fulfill the mission, vision, objectives and goals of the church.
Student Ministry Duties:
- Develop, coordinate, manage and implement an all encompassing student ministries program that coincides with Cornerstone Ministries’ vision, values, objectives, and culture under the leadership of the Senior Pastor and Lead Associate Pastor.
- Provide pastoral care, counseling, and spiritual direction to students between 6th and 12th grade.
- Responsible for ministry to middle and high school students in the church:
- Communicate the vision, goals and direction of Student Ministry to the parents and church.
- Partner with parents to help them realize God’s dream for their child with the goal to produce youth who are authentic Disciples of Christ who are reaching others for Christ with the purpose of evangelism and discipleship.
- Build and equip adult leadership teams to share the work of the student ministry.
- Work closely with the Children’s Ministry Director to develop and implement a cohesive and comprehensive ministry plan for children from birth through high school.
- Develop age appropriate outreach and discipleship ministries for local area students.
- Identify and create ministry opportunities for students.
- Develop and promote vital ministry moments through small groups, mid-week gatherings, and weekend services.
- Ensure an effective discipleship ministry for students.
- Create, organize, and lead effective evangelistic outreach events targeting local students.
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate large group meetings, weekend retreats, mission’s trips, and summer camp.
- Develop a feeder system from each age grouping for their next step in ministry at Cornerstone.
- Develop student leadership teams and opportunities to serve.
- Create and implement a cohesive plan for service and mission in the local community, nation and world.
- Evaluate existing ministries to determine their effectiveness.
- Recommend and implement changes to increase ministry effectiveness.
- Equip, recruit, train, support, lead and value volunteers to serve in the Student Ministry.
- Develop systems to equip volunteers according to Cornerstone’s Equipping standards.
- Continually monitor opportunities to involve volunteers in ministry functions within the Student Ministry.
- Develop a clear process for welcoming, equipping and utilizing volunteer teams.
- Engage volunteers in development opportunities through workshops, seminars, and other churches.
- Develop the annual ministry budget.
- Adhere to financial guidelines and approved budget.
Executive Staff Duties:
- Provide ministry reports as requested.
- Provide Pastoral Care to students, parents and their families.
- Attend weekly Executive staff meetings to facilitate communications, provide supporting activities, engage in tactical decisions, and provide input into strategic decisions.
- Model expectations set forth in Cornerstone Ministries’ leadership covenant.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Senior Pastor and Lead Associate Pastor.
Education, Skills, & Other Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, ministry related.
- 3-5 years minimum youth ministry experience.
- Active member of Cornerstone Ministries within 6 months of hire date.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; prior use of a Church Management database helpful.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Proven ability of strong interpersonal and communication skills for relating to church staff and congregation.
- Possess a self-motivating attitude.
- Ability to meet prescribed goals as established by the church.
- Prompt and efficient.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Cleared Adult through Cornerstone’s Safe Place for Kids! Policy.
- Model the highest Christian virtues and personal decorum. (I Timothy 4:12).