Job Title: Student Ministries Pastor Department: Nursery, Children, Youth
Direct Reports: Executive Pastor Schedule: Full time Pastoral Staff
Purpose of the Job:
Establish oversee and grow an effective Student Ministry, work to provide pastoral direction, leadership, recruiting and staff management as well as the ability to speak to and motivate large groups of students and leaders.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Education Degree or significant experience in large church ministries (1000 plus)
- Excellent communication skills/ Large group speaking
- Leadership training and recruiting capabilities
- Budgeting and capital planning
- Computer systems and weekly reporting experience
- Manage both Pastoral and volunteer team members.
- Be a mature, growing disciple with a consistent devotional life, Filled with the Holy Spirit
- Possess an undergraduate degree
- Be a capable, engaging speaker
- Possess a love and passion for making disciples
- Be a strategic thinker
- Have a pulse on current movements in student ministry
- Be self-motivated
- Have the ability to organize, administrate and manage multiple ministries
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Be a capable team leader and multiplier of people
- Fit in well with our current ministry team
- We are a Spirit Filled Non-Denominational Church.
Essential Responsibilities to the Lead Pastors:
- Lead the Student Ministry Staff Pastors and non-paid team members.
- Develop the Student Ministry into a balanced ministry, focusing on developing environments for students to come to know Jesus.
- Develop a strategic ministry plan for Staff Pastors
- Create and manage budgets
- Recruit, lead, train, equip, and motivate staff and volunteer teams
- Develop relationships and partnerships between parents and Staff Pastors
- Participate in other ministry duties as determined by the Executive Pastor
- Study and understand the spiritual and other developmental needs of students within the church and in the greater community the church serves.
- Provide opportunities for spiritual experience for each ministry such as prayer, worship, salvation, baptism and an encounter of God’s presence and power.
- Coordinate ideas into a plan to provide ministries to students.
- Work with the Pastoral Staff to determine short-term and long-term goals for the Student Ministry.
- Recruit and/or hire and retain a willing and enthusiastic staff.
- Provide training and support for Team Members and Staff.
- Mentor and develop other potential leaders for various aspects of ministry.
- Ensure that the church’s ministries for Students run smoothly and excellently.
- Prepare and administrate the annual ministry budget for each department.
- Assess and recommend and/or purchase curriculum for student ministry programs.
- Manage database and software program for attendance and registration process.
- Develop and maintain appropriate safety and security guidelines for student ministry programs, including criminal background checks for ALL staff and volunteers and implementing training on child protection, health issues, and other procedures to ensure the safety of students participating in the church’s ministries.
- Remain current on trends, teaching methods, materials, promotional ideas, administrative methods, and other student ministry techniques, and implement these as appropriate.
- Plan and conduct special projects and activities such as camps and retreats for students.
- Direct (or delegate direction of) related student ministries, such as midweek programs, praise & worship, and dance teams.
- Coordinate childcare for special church events (musical programs, community outreach events, etc.)
Essential Staff Values:
- Supportive of other church staff and volunteers.
- Committed to vision, values, and beliefs of the church.
- Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions
- Self-starter – able to work independently.
- Team-oriented – able to work with a large team of volunteers.
- Able to work with a wide variety of “constituents”: pastoral staff, volunteer workers, parents and grandparents, students.
- Has a burning desire to share the life of Jesus with students and see them begin and grow in Christian faith.
- Spirit Filled, committed to continued growth
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorLutheran Church of Hope - Ankeny Campus
- Ankeny, Iowa
- September 29
Children's and Women's Ministry DirectorGlen Ellyn Bible Church
- Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- September 29
Children's Ministries Pastor/DirectorCrossroads Community Church
- Henderson, Nevada
- September 29
Children's Director/PastorPrivate Profile
- Cornelius, North Carolina
- September 28
Children's Ministry DirectorLife Church of Fort Collins
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- September 28