The successful candidate for this position will display a life empowered by the Holy Spirit and possess a passion for intentional discipleship. The Director of Adult Ministries is challenged to lead people into a focused life with Jesus Christ through directing a dynamic, growing ministry for young adults including uLife for college-aged individuals and Momentum a ministry of Young Professionals. A strong community group structure incorporating both community and missional focus is a key component for success in these efforts. This position will also provide leadership for Men’s Ministry and marriedLife by serving as staff liaison for volunteer leadership teams of both ministries.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent people management skills both with paid and volunteer staff.
- Experience in ministry in a medium to large church setting.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background.
- A self-motivated leader possessing relational skills with staff, volunteers and congregation.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic proficiency with database software (Community Church to provide training).
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
General requirements for all Community Church staff:
- Committed to be an active personal disciple of Jesus including winsome modeling of Christian life and family relationships.
- Comfortable serving in an Evangelical Presbyterian Church under an elder board that includes men and women.
- Possesses a teachable, cooperative, humble and respectful demeanor and attitude.
- Committed to active and personal participation in the life of this local church.
- Committed to helping individuals engage, serve, volunteer and use their gifts in the context of this local church.
- Committed to appropriate confidentiality in the lives of those we serve and care for.
- Possesses a contagious passion for reaching those without Christ, both nearby and around the world.
- Personally motivated to respond to all issues with the grace and love of God.
- Ability to set and reach goals and objectives, and organize ministries to reach objectives.
- Possess an excellent work ethic and passion to do the best you can with the resources you have.
- Whenever possible, willingly collaborate with other staff and ministry teams as opportunities or needs arise.
- Champion unity in the church on every occasion, zero tolerance for gossip or the misuse of words and a thorough commitment to conflict resolution as detailed in Matthew 18.
- Provide leadership for adult ministries by providing opportunities for dynamical, biblical community to be built through both corporate worship and groups, emphasizing the importance of creating growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Develop and implement strategic plans and goals for each ministry.
- Organize and lead strategic retreats and other large events, as appropriate, with the vision of connecting individuals to others in their phase of life and to Jesus Christ.
- Plan, lead and coordinate periodic events for adult ministries.
- Maintain a system of regular communication with ministry participants.
- Facilitate the integration of college ministry into the mission and vision of Community Church, enabling and encouraging all involved to take next steps in connecting to other ministries and next steps in faith.
- Develop plan to increase Community Church presence on Central Michigan University campus as well as student awareness of the church.
- Recruit, equip, and empower ministry teams and/or interns. Provide ongoing care, encouragement and appreciation for all volunteers and interns.
- Develop and implement curriculum and teaching series for both uLife and Momentum providing the majority of the teaching.
- Design and submit promotion of adult ministries and their associated events.
- Oversee maintenance of adult ministry groups database in existing church software.
- Provide pastoral care to students and young adults as needed.
- When requested by individuals in uLife and/or Momentum, officiate weddings and conduct pre-marriage counseling.
- Develop and oversee a balanced budget for uLife, Momentum, Men’s Ministry and marriedLife.
- Serve as staff liaison for manUp Men’s Ministry.
- Serve as staff liaison for marriedLife Leadership team.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- October 16
Faith Formation CoordinatorTrinity Lutheran Church
- Kent, Ohio
- October 12
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- October 12