The Adult Ministry Pastor at the Sloan Creek Campus of Chase Oaks Church oversees and leads the ministry teams in the following areas; groups and transformation, care, ministry involvement (teams) and outreach. They work to train, encourage, and support
the leaders of those teams and at the same time are working with central staff and other campuses to keep us effective, integrated, and prepared to reach and serve more and more people really well. They are a key part in leadership development and have opportunities
to speak and be up front regularly.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Leadership Support and Development
The Adult Ministry Pastor will first offer support and training to the team leaders we currently have in adult ministry. This entails training, communication, planning, encouragement and working together to serve our campus incredibly well. The other area
of this is to engage and develop new leaders so we can be prepared to increase the scope and size of our campus in next few years.
- Organization and Planning for Adult Ministries
The Adult Ministry Pastor helps shape the plans for each ministry and then through teams execute those plans in a way that fits into our DNA, is integrated with all of Chase Oaks, and are effective. This involves strategic planning, operations, process,
team-building, quality management.
- Integration and Communication with Central and other Campus Team.
While we are a unique campus, we strive to be unified and leverage the benefits of being multi-site. Part of this is staying in step with other campuses, helping one another, making sure our leaders are connecting to their counterparts at other campuses,
communication with central team, etc. We want to stay in sync with all of Chase Oaks, benefit from learnings and efficiencies, and at the same time contextualize ministry for our particular community.
- Upfront Leadership at Campus.
As one of a few pastors on the Sloan Creek campus the Adult Ministry Pastor has regular weekend responsibilities in the service … including announcements, speaking, trainings, baptisms, etc. This person needs to be friendly and approachable.
SPECIFIC SKILLS / STRENGTHS
- Catalytic Leader. Requires leadership abilities to influence and follow through with plans through other people. High Energy.
- Team Builder. Requires team building abilities to invest in volunteer leaders, staff and set them up for success, and bring new leaders along.
- Quality Manager. Understands their campus, develops plans, creates process and efficiencies so ministries run well and people are cared for. This entails administration and being a solution specialist.
- Requires the ability to multi-task and work independently in carrying out assignments to completion.
- Communicator. Requires an approachability and be able to communicate in all three realms … one on one, groups, and upfront.
- Pastor. Has a heart for people and the ability to have teams and systems and personal space to care for people. Groups passion and seeing people connect.
- Carrier of DNA. Protects the unity and identity of Chase Oaks Church at their campus.
CHASE OAKS STAFF PASTOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Commit to doing ministry as a team – develop interdependence among team members and be authentic with team members.
- Commit to participate in the core functions of Chase Oaks Church.
- Participate in and take responsibility for the execution of the Ministry Team planning process.
- Consistently model a life of bridge-building.
- Give Advice and care using a Biblical grid when called for (Pastor-of-the-Day calls and general interaction with people).
- Be available to perform sacerdotal functions (weddings, funerals, communion and baptisms).
- Regularly attend and participate in staff andpastoral meetings and/or leadership development opportunities.
- Be available to assist other ministries and pastorswith projects or by handling specific assignments.
- Pursue an active, growing relationship with Christ.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE DESIRED
Minimum of college degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The role will supervise all of the adult ministry teams at the Sloan Creek Campus of Chase Oaks Church. Currently there are six teams to supervise.