Minister of Family Ministry (As Director or Pastor)
Purpose: To connect families within the congregation and the greater east side of Indianapolis with opportunities to deepen their relationship and walk with God and community.
Salaried Position: $44-$46,000 (Commensurate with experience and education. Range determined by average teacher salary in area.)
- The Family Minister will serve on a team to fully support the mission and vision of the church by sharing in prayerful and strategic ministry as a team-player.
- The Family Minister will raise and train dedicated volunteers to further develop relationships with families through established community partnerships, (i.e. Food Pantry, Apartment Complex, and Neighboring Elementary School.)
- The Family Minister will enable opportunities for families (within the church and in the broader community) to deepen their faith and their connections in community. This will include intergenerational opportunities, multi-racial/multi-lingual opportunities
as well as age specific opportunities with all ages.
- The Family Minister will empower families to support the growing needs of its members in faith and well-being, through relationship, multi-media communication, and resourcing.
- The Family Minister will help lead and empower the church preschool and staff as it reaches and nurtures families in the area.
- The Family Minister will train volunteers and help the church continue to adhere to Safe Sanctuary policies so as to keep all children and adults safe.
- A growing and intentional relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Works through conflict in healthy ways. Takes initiative and utilizes a strong and moral work ethic.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates Degree may be accepted. English/Spanish speaker ideal.
- Can communicate biblically driven theological understandings to different age groups in engaging and developmentally appropriate ways. Can adapt/develop materials for teaching the faith.
- 1-2 years or more of ministry programming experience. Experience building ministries from the ground up, and identifying/developing committed and enthusiastic volunteers/leaders.
- Experience in engaging the broader community for Christ.
- Working knowledge of family systems and/or human development. Experience in working with diverse sets of people. Knowledgeable and sensitive to the needs and injustices different groups of people experience in our society today.
- Biblically supports women in leadership and will work supportively under the leadership of a woman senior pastor.
You may send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org