Our vision is to see every life we come in contact with be impacted by the Gospel of Jesus Christ and build a church of strong, passionate Disciples of Christ that are on a mission to see lives be made great through the greatness of God.
We are a small church developing an intentional growth strategy to reach the roughly 3 million people within our area who are predominantly unchurched. To this end, we are prayerfully seeking the right enthusiastic, spirit-filled person with a passion for
reaching families and making a lasting impact in the lives of children to come alongside our leadership team to develop and launch a dynamic Children’s Ministry experience. Ideally, this person has experience working in a leadership position. As we currently
do not have Children’s Ministry, this will be a startup ministry position so the ideal candidate will be a dependable, innovative and strategic self-starter ready to embrace the opportunity and challenge.
While we are looking for a Children's Ministry Director, we are open to the idea of adjusting the postion/growth strategy to incorporate a Children's/Family Pastor instead if it was the right fit dependent on calling and credentials.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for and relationship with Christ
- Commitment to continually growing in your faith and relationship
- Open to spiritual gifts and the power of the Holy Spirit working in the church today
- Possess a kingdom mindset and passion for The Church
- Practice humility, accountability and spiritual integrity
- Exhibit compassion and a heart for serving others
- Be flexible and adaptable to work well as a team as well as be open to change and feedback for growth
- Help establish vision and strategy for children’s ministry that is consistent with the church vision and mission
- Leadership of all aspects of children’s ministry from infant to 6th grade
- Curriculum selection and/or development
- Recruitment, leadership, training and development of volunteers
- Build and maintain a strong team atmosphere among volunteers
- Communicate, connect and partner with parents to help develop a strong lifestyle of discipleship at home
- Overseeing and running children’s ministry for Sunday service as well as any special services and events
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Children’s Ministry, Education or related field, but experience could offset education
- Experience working in a children’s ministry with over 25 children
- Experience in development and/or growth of a children's ministry ideal
- Experience working in large children's ministry a plus
- We are open to considering any applicants regardless of education and experience based on a strong demonstration of character, competence, calling and chemistry with our vision and leadership