Mt. Olivet Church
Associate Pastor of Youth
Mt. Olivet Church strives to impact people’s lives for eternity. Because of that we are committed to the infallible truths found in the Bible that lead us in our love of God and world around us. We enjoy both tradition and contemporary style of worship
that glorifies God from the heart and not for the production value.
We are searching for someone who can direct our youth ministry. The successful candidate will:
· Be a born again believer with a growing, maturing relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Show a faithful pursuit of the leadership characteristics as listed in 1 Timothy 3.
· Have a thorough knowledge of the Bible.
· Formal training or experience of 3+ years in youth ministry that demonstrates experience in church ministry.
· Knowledge and skill in the philosophy and practice of effective youth ministry.
· Ability to recruit, train and lead volunteers for their areas of responsibility.
· Ability to preach and teach in such a way as to connect with young people.
· Ability to create and maintain a yearly budget with the intent to fundraise for special events.
· Visitation of youth and parents.
· Attend youth’s extracurricular events.
· Willing to fundraise for special youth adventures (retreats, creation, concerts, mission’s trips, etc.).
· Incorporate volunteer staff into planning, vision, and training.
· Preaching when the Senior Pastor is away.
· Be a self-starter.
· Willing to seek and complete ministerial licensing through the denomination.
· Possition is commensurate based qualification and experience. Currently the postions is part-time (average: 15-20 hours a week). However, based upon the applicants calling and qualifications this is
- Ministry is based upon volunteers and as pastors we must routinely give above and beyond to effective model the value of volunteerism.
· Be involved in the school, but understand that does not supersede church ministry responsibilities.
Wednesday night youth nights are not optional, nor should the schedule of these nights be manipulated.
· Respond back to all communication (phone calls, text, emails) within 48 hours.