hrist Church of Orlando is a vibrant, creative, growing, church in the heart of the city of Orlando. Our mission is to lead people into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ in environments that you, your friends and family will love. We are intentional about making church enjoyable and relevant to both unchurched and churched individuals. Friendliness, engaging worship, relevant teaching, and discipleship are remarkable aspects of our church.
This position develops, nurtures and implements an engaging, comprehensive ministry to middle school and high school students, as well as their families.
• A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Training/background/full-time experience in student ministry.
• College education (degree preferred)
• Proven ability to build a leadership team, which includes students, adults and parents.
• A track record of working and communicating well with parents (our goal is to have parents informed and involved in the student ministry).
• A strong upfront communicator who can apply Biblical principles to everyday life.
• Organization skills for event planning and implementation.
• Competent time management skills.
• A self-starter with problem solving skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Creative team player.
• Works well with others.
• Supportive and cooperative team member.
• Relationship builder.
• Positive attitude.
• To be in agreement with the vision and Statement of Faith of Christ Church of Orlando.
• Live a consistent and Spirit-filled Christian life according to the Scriptures.
• Love students and enjoy people.
• Leading in times of worship for students.
• Implement a strategy for vibrant ministry that engages and connects middle school and high school students to the overarching vision and mission of Christ Church of Orlando.
• Provide on-going opportunities to engender and develop personal devotion, worship services, group life, meaningful contributions--let's not forget having a lot of fun!
• Develop comprehensive year calendar and ministry plan.
• Prayerfully lead, develop, nurture and train youth ministry team volunteers (both student and adult volunteers) for high school ministry.
• Oversee the programmatic needs of teaching, training, event participation, and risk management as it relates to middle and high school.
• To care for one’s own spiritual and family development.
• To follow an intergenerational approach to student ministry.
• Nurture and incorporate students in ministry throughout the church organization.
• Develop and implement communication processes to youth, parents and church leadership.
• To engage as a leader in general church activities, as well as a team player with other staff members and departments as needed, for greater impact of the entire church.
• To develop adult and student leaders.
• To initiate, plan, mobilize teams and leadership for regular ministry events as well as special events and outreach events. (trips to theme parks, ball games, outreach events, local and foreign mission trips, etc.)
• To use media and social networking.
• To maintain active communication with parents.
• To align the youth ministry with the overall vision of Christ Church of Orlando.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS RELATIVE TO THIS POSITION
• Tech and media capabilities is a plus. (video, graphic, online)
• Music ability is a plus.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
English-Youth PastorMIchiana Chinese Christian Church
- Mishawaka, Indiana
- September 28
Youth Pastor/DirectorThe Bridge
- Silver Spring, Maryland
- September 27
Christ Church of Orlando
Christ Church of Orlando is a vibrant, creative, growing, church in the heart of the city of Orlando. Our mission is to lead people into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ in environments that you, your friends and family will love. We are intentional about making church enjoyable and relevant to both unchurched and churched individuals. Friendliness, engaging worship, relevant teaching, and discipleship are remarkable aspects of our church. "You're Gonna Love This Church!"