Rolling Hills Community Church is looking for preschool teachers for its Tuesday-Thursday program.
Rolling Hills Learning Center Job Description & Expectations
- Complete written daily lesson plans based on the WEE Learn Curriculum. One copy of each month’s plans is to be turned into the director one week before the first session of the month.
- A supply request form should be turned in with each month’s lesson plans.
- Work with your teaching team, to plan the sessions for the month.
Arrival & Preparation
- Arrive no later than 8:40 am for each Monday/Wednesday morning session.
- Sign-in on the attendance sheet located in Studio 7.
- Set-up classroom for learning experiences and gather all needed supplies for the day.
- Pray with classroom team before children arrive.
- Greet children and parents as they arrive.
- Log-in each child on the classroom roster located on the clipboard.
- Create, post, and follow a daily schedule of classroom activities.
- Follow the lesson plan created by your team for learning centers and group time activities. Post a copy of the lesson plan outside the door for parents to review each day.
- Supervise children at all times, never leaving a child unattended.
- Maintain a safe, neat, and attractive classroom. Because the room is shared with other programs, please remove any pictures or items displayed following the session on Wednesday.
- End the session on time and have each child’s belongings ready for parent pick-up.
- Release children only to the parent who presents the security tag with matching number. If a child is to be released to anyone else it must be cleared through the director.
- Clean and disinfect toys, cribs, tables, and other equipment in order to keep a clean learning environment. Vacuum floors and empty trash at the end of each session.
Interaction with Parents:
- Inform parents about their child’s participation in each day’s activities. Send home a daily note in the child’s folder.
- Prepare a monthly class letter describing the activities planned for the upcoming month. This will be sent home at the beginning of the month.
- Be positive in relating the child’s experiences from the day.
- Discuss any problems with only the parent of the child involved, without the child being present, and after consulting with the Director.
- Listen actively to what parents have to say.
- Conduct yourself in a kind and professional manner.