Middletown United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries. This is a full time, salaried position, with benefits. This position will be charged with the responsibility of building young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing
a comprehensive approach to youth ministry while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
The director shall foster a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels in the connectional system of the United Methodist Church and in all ministry areas of the local church. This comprehensive approach
is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to: -love youth where they are; -encourage youth in developing their relationship to God; -provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth; -challenge them to respond to God’s call
to serve in their communities and world
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (full job description available on request)
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Support and guide the work of the Youth Council in an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth ministry …
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries, (i.e. Scouts, etc.)
- Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit teachers…
- Coordinate and teach Confirmation classes in partnership with the pastors…
- Work in partnership with the Associate Pastor of Outreach to effectively reach youth in the community and develop a strategic youth ministry outreach plan.
- Be available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated organizational ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must have demonstrated initiative, a willingness to work hard, and be energetic and outgoing
- Is creative and compassionate
Résumés including salary history should be sent to Rev. Dr. Tom Smith firstname.lastname@example.org