Director of Children’s Ministries
Arundel Christian Church, Glen Burnie, MD
The Director of Children’s Ministries will work to create an energetic environment that fulfills the vison and mission of Arundel Christian Church – To Daily Connect People to Jesus and to Love God, Love People, Serve our Community.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities, events and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry (KidPointe) at Arundel Christian Church. Specifically, the Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for Sunday programming (Nursery-5th grade), Wednesday evening programming, VBS and/or Day Camp, and Childcare as needed.
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Arundel Christian Church.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Ability to recognize, recruit, train, equip and motivate a volunteer team.
- Creative and high-energy personality on stage and other large group environments.
- Ability to design, develop, and create high-quality ministry spaces, including areas that need monthly updates.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To provide leadership to the KidPointe Leadership team (Blue Shirts) and other KidPointe Volunteers (Green Shirts):
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for KidPointe in collaboration with the Pastor of Family Ministries.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for entire team.
- Sets direction and trains volunteers.
- Offers prayer and encouragement for volunteer team.
- Develops processes necessary for effective operations (e.g.: check-in).
- Responsible for KidPointe budget and financial oversight.
- Participate in the selection and implementation of curriculum along with the Pastor of Family Ministries.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Responsible for all staffing of KidPointe volunteers (including training).
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with KidPointe.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for KidPointe in cooperation with the church’s Watch Team (safety and security team).
- Oversee and implement all programming for KidPointe (primarily on Sunday mornings [Nursery-5th]).
- Coordinate family events and camps for KidPointe parents and families as needed.
- Christ-centered: gives their best to serve others; exhibits humility, compassion and forgiveness; models Christian discipleship through the regular practice of spiritual disciplines.
- Entrepreneurial: thrives in a creative outside the box environment; is not afraid to learn from failure and adapt to new models; has successfully taken a vision from design to implementation.
- Servant Leadership: generates enthusiasm in others; celebrates others’ success; delegates routine and important tasks, decisions, responsibilities and accountability; maintains strict confidentiality.
- Communicator: excellent written and verbal skills; adept in the use of social media tools; responds to communications in a timely fashion.
- Responsible and self-motivated: Able to organize and manage the work load and schedule; has a proven record of being punctual and prepared.
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Children’s Ministries or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
Organization and Relationships
- Will report directly to the Pastor of Family Ministries.
- Will supervise and direct KidPointe volunteer staff.
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within Arundel Christian Church
- Chemistry, Competency, and Character and Culture are a critical part of who we are.
If you feel like we just described you and you meet the requirements listed in the job description above, please email your cover letter, resume along with personal references and links to any of your audio and/or sermons/ teachings to Beth Ferrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only resumes accompanied with a cover letter will be considered. Please also include your DiSC Assessment results or StrengthsFinders Top 5.
- Salary: $47,960 - $56,095 - commensurate with experience.
- Strong benefits package.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
Carmel Baptist Church - Preschool Minister/W.E.E School Head of SchoolVanderbloemen Search Group
- Matthews, North Carolina
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1