The Church Controller is responsible for managing all accounting, information technology, human resources, and administrative functions for New Venture Christian Fellowship. The position requires "Hands-On" involvement with the Accounting Department. Reports directly to the Senior Pastor, and will work in a Christian relationship with all staff and members of the ministry teams.
This is an exempt/full time position. Reports to the Senior Pastor and works closely with the Operational Departments.
Primary Duties and Areas of Responsibility:
1. Establish and operate an efficient plan of financial record keeping and reporting; develop bookkeeping procedures.
2. Meets with the Church Board at Board Meetings as deemed necessary to give updates, presentations, answer questions, etc,
3. Prepare financial information for the respective Board members of the church.
4. Serve as resource person regarding legal and business matters of the church. Study annually the church's insurance and recommend change if needed.
5. Oversee and supervise the facilities team in the maintenance and repair of all physical properties. Establish and implement cleaning, painting, and renovating schedules. Operate within approved budget.
6. Develop and implement a long-range plan for updating equipment, furnishings, and software.
7. Maintain records on church staff personnel. Establish and maintain records of equipment and facilities. Approve and process requisitions and purchase orders.
8. Administer church-adopted policies and procedures concerning the use of all church properties and facilities.
9. Work with the church property and space committee in preparing an annual budget of maintenance and equipment needs.
10. Supervise the operation of "for profit' entities, the Palms Bookstore and the Connection Café food services.
11. Supervise assigned office personnel.
12. Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
13. Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
14. Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
15. Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
16. Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
17. Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
18. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
19. Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
20. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
21. Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
22. Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
23. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
** Retired Business Managers/Controllers, Church Administrators are welcome to apply
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
• Minimum of six years of related experience at the manager level.
• Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports.
• Previous experience and/or understanding of duties and tasks of supervised employees.
• Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
• Ability to work with all staff and members of the congregation and to build solid relationships as expected in a Christian environment.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills with ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate, and develop subordinates and to assist with same for church staff.
• Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency in MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Administration/AdministratorThe Jerusalem Center
- Wayne, New Jersey
- October 18
Administrative AssistantChrist Church of Oak Brook
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- October 17
Business AdministratorVintage Church
- Santa Monica, California
- October 17