About The Church:
New Bridge Baptist Church is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention and the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia. We are theologically conservative, and all Ministry Team members adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message (2000). Our
mission statement is, “At New Bridge Baptist Church, we want every person to Love God through worship, Learn Together through small groups, and Serve Others through missions and ministry.”
We have two mirror-image worship services at 8:30 and 11:00 that are musically blended and lean toward a contemporary style. NBBC reaches out to the communities of Eastern Henrico County, New Kent County and Richmond, VA, with numerous ministries including:
New Bridge Wee Center, New Bridge Academy, AWANA, Upwards Basketball, A Touch of Hope, and various mission projects.
NBBC is prayerfully seeking a Minister of Youth and Discipleship. This individual will be a member of the NBBC Ministry Team which is made up of eight full-time and part-time staff members. As Minister of Youth, this position will coordinate Bible
study, outreach, events/activities, music, and other areas of the youth ministry. Musical talent is not required but would be an asset in assisting the youth praise band. As the Minister of Discipleship, this individual would oversee small groups, assist other
ministry team members with needed resources, and facilitate new member assimilation.
- Be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ with a clear conversion experience and baptism by immersion.
- Be maturing in Christ as evidenced by an active, daily, quiet time of prayer and Bible study.
- Be active in evangelism and outreach.
- Be relational in ministry, as evidenced by discipling others to a deeper walk with Christ.
- Active leader in a youth ministry program as a volunteer or paid staff for a minimum of 2 years, and preferably in a Southern Baptist Church.
- Bachelor’s degree from a Christian college/university required with a concentration in youth ministry preferred.
- Pursuing a seminary degree with an emphasis on youth ministry or must start seminary within one-year of hire date.
- Selected individual must become a member of NBBC.
- For this position, NBBC is seeking a married man within an approximate age range of 26-33; however, NBBC may consider applicants that do not meet these preferences.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Minister of Youth
- Grow personally and spiritually as a member of NBBC Ministry Team.
- Cultivate relationships with students and parents of NBBC.
- Organize Youth Bible Studies.
- Organize Youth Worship Services.
- Organize Youth Special Events/Activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minister of Discipleship
- Coordinate Small Group Ministries.
- Enlist and equip Sunday School and Small Group Leaders.
- Provide resources to assist Ministry Team members in developing discipleship.
- Follow up with Guests/Worship Visitors.
- New Member Assimilation.
- Other duties as assigned.
$39,000-41,000 with some additional benefits.
New Bridge Baptist Church
5701 Elko Rd.
Sandston, VA 23150
Qualified individuals interested in this position must send a cover letter and a resume/personal profile to the attention of Brian Toney at the following e-mail address, “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Resumes/personal profiles will be reviewed
and may be selected to receive an in-depth questionnaire. NBBC is praying for this selection process and hopes that you will be in prayer as you consider applying for this position. Please do not respond by telephone.