Union Chapel’s Mission
Helping people to know Jesus, to grow as followers of Jesus, and to go making Jesus known to others.
As a member of the UC ministry team, the primary objective is to be a servant. The work is not just a job, but a ministry, fulfilling the mission of UC. The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas related to financial reporting and finances of the church. This is a “working manager” role, where you will lead and work with the accounting team to accomplish departmental goals and tasks.
Character - A person who:
- Practices transparent, authentic Christian values and principles publicly and privately.
- Worships Jesus wholeheartedly. It is the passion of his/her life to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Yearns for excellence in all he/she does, yet sees the value of the person as more important than the perfection of the ministry.
- Can work with others with sensitivity and humility.
- Honors and practices confidentiality.
- Has a servant’s heart and a teachable spirit.
- Practices “going the second mile” in accomplishing work and creating and maintaining positive relationships
Gifting & Abilities:
- Accounting Background (bachelor’s degree in accounting a minimum, and 5 years’ experience using a computer accounting program.)
- Organizational Skills
- Computer Skills (Word and Excel a must with an understanding of computers and programming with an ability to learn new programs if necessary.)
- A do what it takes attitude
- Leadership Skills (Supervisory, experience in accounting management)
Responsibilities, Oversight, and/or Duties:
- Accounts Payable:
- Ensure that bills are paid on time and are recorded regularly.
- Act as backup for processing accounts payable in absence of Accounting Specialist.
- Maintain proper payroll records.
- Ensure payroll taxes are submitted on time.
- Review bi-monthly payroll for accuracy prior to processing.
- Verify federal income, social security, medicare, state and county taxes have been accurately and timely filed by Paycor.
- Assists in keeping the Paycor electronic records current and accurate.
- General Accounting Functions:
- Proper record keeping and filing on a timely basis.
- Prepare for annual Review providing accountant with requested records.
- Leading the senior staff in the budgeting process and maintain budget spreadsheet that includes salaries, payroll taxes and benefit amounts.
- Provide Program Staff with requested records so they can track their yearly budget.
- Responsible for recording and posting various recurring journal entries as part of the month-end closing procedures.
- Processes the recoding and payment of monthly sales taxes.
- Administers the reporting of restricted and budget funds on a monthly basis.
- Tax Return Preparation.
- Compensation and Benefits Administration:
- Work with senior staff, provide leadership in compensation management and benefits plan administration for the staff.
- Coordinates health, vision, dental, life, AD & D, and short and long term disability insurance enrollments and terminations. Communicates with plan vendors concerning routine administration of programs.
- Oversees annual open enrollment. Reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with plan vendors.
- Human Resource Management:
- Prepares employee hiring paperwork required to place employees on payroll and benefit programs and establishes personnel file. Also prepares hiring paperwork for contract (1099) associates.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
- Keeps the Employee Handbook current and relevant regarding any legislative changes.
- Helps employees navigate changes to their 403(b) pension accounts offered through the United Methodist Personal Investment Plan (UMPIP).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in employee benefits services, makes recommendations on pending legislative actions regarding benefits, conduct benefit research, responds to benefits issues, and answer benefits questions.
- Participates in the employee candidate interviewing process on an as-needed basis.
- Lead the team that counts contributions, inputs donations, deposits cash and checks, accounts for transactions in retail activities and files resulting paperwork.
- Leadership meetings:
- Prepare and present needed financial documents and reports for staff and lay-leadership meetings.
- Intern Administration:
- Work with staff team to determine internship opportunities.
- Facilitate onboarding of interns and assigning them to their direct report.
- Ensure intern managers conduct all requirements.
- Periodic meetings, assignments, etc.
- Contract administration.
- Perform related duties as needed or assigned.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Bethel Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Richland, Washington
- October 26
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- October 26
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Christ Church - Director of Marketing & CommunicationsVanderbloemen Search Group
- Lake Forest, Illinois
- October 26
Children's Ministry Director (171702)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Midwest , Wisconsin
- October 26
Union Chapel Ministries
Every church needs a solid philosophical base upon which to build its life and ministry. We must continually remind ourselves what the Church is and what the Church is for. We believe the Church is a FELLOWSHIP and a FORCE! Here at UC we embrace the Church in community and the Church in mission.More...