Media Arts and Communications Coordinator
Northeast Presbyterian Church
Columbia, South Carolina
Categories: Media/Technology and Communications
Denomination: Presbyterian (PCA)
Church Size: 1500-2000
Job Type: Full-time
Northeast Presbyterian Church, a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), is located in Columbia, South Carolina. The mission of our church is to capture hearts for Christ and to build them up to a full maturity in the faith, evidenced by a passion
for God, His people and the lost.
We worship at two different times, with a traditional service and a modern style service – an average Sunday we see approximately 900 people in worship.
We are seeking a full-time Media Arts and Communications Coordinator to provide creative support for the weekly worship service, to include finding or producing videos and graphics for lyric backgrounds, sermon intros, special announcements, and other video
or graphic elements that will augment the worship service. This person will also work with the church’s website and social media presence, weekly communications, other video production for various ministries, and the print and digital media produced by the
church, helping to ensure that a consistent theme and brand is maintained across all of these disciplines. You will have the unique opportunity to create and produce media to be effectively displayed on our sanctuary's newly installed LED screen. You will
work closely with the Senior Pastor and other staff to help interpret the message of the church through media.
- A bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Video Production, Visual Communication or a similar program; or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in a church working in media/worship production.
- Proficiency in video production and graphics design software, including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, etc...)
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with WordPress, or other Website Content Management Systems.
- Must be a team player who can take a concept and see it through, from conception to production. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to be part of a team approach to planning are essential – along with the ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with both PC and Macintosh computer systems and knowledge of Pro Presenter will be very helpful. Experience with lighting systems, and familiarity with the use of light and color in a worship service would be an added bonus.
- A Christian who’s personal and professional life is aligned with the message, mission, and values of Northeast Presbyterian Church.
- Deliver professional quality video and graphics for worship services and other church events.
- Work closely with worship leaders and pastors to help create meaningful and impacting worship experiences
- Work with the existing staff to create graphics and branding elements that maintain a consistent “brand”, in the look, feel and message of our various forms of communication
- Create high impact designs for website and other church media.
- Maintain a progressive advertising presence for NEPC on Facebook, Twitter or other social networks.
- Assist marketing team in designing graphics for various print publications.
Qualified candidates may submit resumes (and portfolios of work, if available) to: