Student Ministry Pastor Job Description
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Part-Time – 24 Hours a Week
MINISTRY POSITION SUMMARY
Student Ministries at Bayside exists to create opportunities for teenagers to become fully devoted followers of Jesus. It is to be a healthy vibrant community of teens made up of those who know Christ and those who are seeking Him. It is known for its
ability to reach out to those far from God pointing them to Jesus as well as the powerful worship that comes from a heart pursuing God. It’s a community that offers friendship to all facilitated through Life groups and unleashes compassion through serving.
We recognize the difference in ages during the teen year’s matter, so we intentionally create venues where we gather with similar ages. We want to see venues where grades 6-8, 9-10, and 11-12 are gathering together, as well as all together at times. This
person will also serve as part of the Ministry Staff Team and will work in a collaborative environment of influencing the overall churches mission to serve El Dorado County by:
Reaching Wide, Teaching Deep, and Unleashing Compassion.
GAME PLAN FOR OUR MINISTRY TEAM STAFF
1. How We Behave as a Team?
Our core values guide our how we live. They are:
- We desire to be biblically based.
- We are committed to a Trinitarian perspective when it comes to accomplishing our mission.
- We invite the Holy Spirit to be present in all that we do.
- We embrace that each one of us are a people in process.
- Atmosphere of grace.
- We want to be a church that … unchurched people like to attend.
- We are committed to creating a culture of affirmation and honor that always believes the best in others.
- We are Servant-Leaders.
- We don’t just get task done but we do task to get people done.
- We embrace healthy conflict and are committed to creating relational trust by being humble and open to correction as well as speaking the truth in love.
- We want to have fun as we partner together in the work of Christ.
- We as a team inspire people to excellence.
2. Leadership: What’s Leaderships’ DNA?
- Team matters
- Passion matters
- Clarity matters
- Competency matters
- Your Health matters
- Emancipating others for service matters.
- Personal Growth matters
- Relationship matters
3. What do Ministry leaders do at Bayside Church of Placerville?
- Attract… (Ask others to join you)
- Solve Problems… (Clear the path)
- Paint… (Clear vision)
- Inspire… (Motivate ‘best efforts’ in others)
- Equip… (Prepare for what’s coming and empower)
4. What do we do as a Ministry Staff Team Leader?
- We create opportunities for people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus.
5. How will we succeed?
- Lead our people to Life Groups.
- Paying attention to the effectiveness of our weekend services and mid-size gatherings.
- Weekend services, Children's, Student's, etc…,
- Identifying, equipping and empowering our next group of upcoming partners...how will we expand?
- Love the person in front of you.
- Infuse - “Invest/invite” into our culture.
- Generosity Unleashed.
- Point to the changing lives we are making possible.
ATTITUDES AND PRACTICES
- Support and implement the Game-Plan within my areas of responsibility both professionally and personally.
- Love people.
- Pray for the work of God in our city.
- Be a full, contributing member of the Staff team.
- In an attitude of cooperation and love.
? Offer honest feedback and insight.
? Challenge any idea you feel is warranted.
? Show deference to decisions once made.
? Come with a perspective that includes the whole of Bayside Church of Placerville.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
At present, the following ministries are involved: children, teenagers, and young adults. Ministries shall be age-defined and involve various purposes within each age-group, i.e. outreach, worship, fellowship, discipleship and ministry.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing relational connection, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Have a presence on the local high school campuses.
- Recruit, train and equip volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide appropriate pastoral counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support Impact parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Oversee and coach current student’s ministry intern who will be focusing and working with Jr-High students.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Other duties as required.
- Arrive 45 minutes prior to the beginning of any scheduled event to ensure the necessary support staff and items are in place. (i.e. Sunday 9:15 a.m. and Thursday 6:15 p.m.).
- Grow Impact youth ministry in meaningful ways.
- Weekly one-hour relational connection and one-on-one mentoring by the Lead Pastor so he may provide encouragement, direction, support, and challenge you toward holiness and righteousness.
- Attend celebration services, and special meetings as needed.
- Present monthly ministry updates and goals to the church Leadership Team.
- Participate in a yearly job performance review.
- Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
- At some point be able to Preach and teach on occasion in the absence of the Lead Pastor.
- Understand there will be an annual review to determine if he continues in the office of the Student Ministries Director.