Associate Pastor – Children’s Ministries
First Baptist Church Pasadena
The Associate Pastor – Children’s Ministries oversees and leads the Children’s Ministry, FBC Pasadena staff and office, so that FBCP can carry out its mission to make followers of Jesus who love, worship, and serve God.
The Associate Pastor - Children’s Ministries is a part of the FBCP staff team and works in the church as a Christian leader under the authority of Jesus Christ. Ultimately we are all accountable to God and seek to live for the glory of God. The Associate Pastor - Children’s Ministries is accountable to the Senior Pastor to carry out the responsibilities described in this position description. Regular hours will be established and reports submitted as required.
- Christ-like. Jesus told his disciples “follow me.” Paul called the church to imitate him. It is essential for the Associate Pastor - Children’s Ministries to live openly, honestly and humbly as a person of integrity. The Associate Pastor - Children’s Ministries will live to bring glory to God and the body of Christ. The Associate Pastor - Children’s Ministries at FBCP must be first and foremost a follower of Jesus and a model to others.
- Compassionate. Jesus is crystal clear about how we are to live in this world. “Love one another” is his mandate. The Associate Pastor - Children’s Ministries must be a people person, able to relate well to those inside and outside the church in a spirit of love. The ministry at FBCP is about loving God and loving others.
- Team Focused. Moses served with Aaron, Miriam and a team. David served with Joab and a team. Jesus chose twelve to be with him. The Associate Pastor - Children’s Ministries will serve as a team player who seeks the good of the whole and as a team builder building teams to do the work of the ministry.
- Leadership development and recruitment of volunteers
- Participate in long and short term planning in Church Leadership Team
- Preach occasional sermons on Sunday morning as part of the preaching team
- Participate in ministerial duties (hospital visits, weddings, funerals)
- The goal is to help children begin their lifelong journey of following Jesus on a firm foundation of spiritual formation, worship, and character.
- Develop a volunteer team or teams for Children’s Ministry. Team(s) should be involved in discerning God’s long-term plan for the ministry, planning events and programs, running the week-to-week functions of the ministry and providing service opportunities
- Train volunteers for leadership roles in Children’s Ministry
- Cultivate a Children’s Ministry that seeks to involve the whole family in intergenerational ministry
- Prioritize reaching new and unchurched families
- Set goals with the team for growing the Children’s Ministry numerically
- Communicate accurate payroll information with accounting firm
- Supervise office and building staff
- Ensure best practices are being followed in church office
- Participate in staff meetings
- Maintain and upgrade Policy and Procedures Manual
- Manage the church building to keep it in good condition.
- Supervise management of the space usage calendar
- Manage all tenants in a manner upholding FBCP standards
- Increase revenue through new tenants
- Track tenant payments due and received with accounting
- Pursue and coordinate location filming with filming agent
- Supervise wedding and reception booking
- Monitor AR and AP with accounting firm.
- Forward bills with appropriate paperwork
- Review and approve payroll and time cards as per budget
- Track bill payment and maintain general budget
- File and approve expense reports and check dispersal requests
- The Associate Pastor - Children’s Ministries serves to help FBCP accomplish her mission to make disciples of Jesus who love, worship and serve God. This is a full-time overtime-exempt position of approximately 40-50 hours per week. The Associate Pastor - Children’s Ministries must simultaneously function as someone who has an understanding of long-term planning, and how the building, staff, and ministries fit into this plan, and as someone who strives for excellence in details. We work in harmony with staff, board, and church members; we live according to the teaching of Jesus, Scripture, and in a way that honors God. Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- 5 years minimum ministry experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MDiv, MAT or similar degree preferred
- 3 years supervision/administrative experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17