It is the primary purpose of the Director of Worship to develop a worship ministry capable of providing inspiring and engaging worship services that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship to the glory of God.*
- Director of Worship will be accountable to the Lead Pastor(s) (PLT) along with mutual submission to the Elder Board.
- Leads the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship.
- Leads the worship team to include the singers, instrumentalists, audio techs, lighting techs, and computer/projection techs.
- Provides guidance in the development and implementation of the highest quality worship possible by working to coordinate instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
- Connects weekly with the Pastor(s) for planning worship services.
- Plans, schedules, leads, and coordinates the operation of corporate worship services.
- Prepares for and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and/or Sunday morning including the music charts and audio/projection set up.
- Ensures service plan is communicated to office Staff.
- Oversees the recording of worship services.
- Oversee the scheduling, and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, audio techs, lighting techs and computer/projection techs.
- Finds new songs to introduce in worship and prepares the music charts for them.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Periodically attend Staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
- Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the PLT and/or Elder Board.
- A current member in good standing of a Bible-based church.
REQUIRED CHARACTER AND SKILLS:
- Maintains personal, spiritual and professional growth.
- Possess a vibrant growing personal committed relationship with Christ.
- Skill as a musician – vocalist and instrumentalist.
- Skill as a worship leader – a real sense of the flow of Christian worship
- Knowledge of new or creative trends in worship planning and creative arts, including music.
- Oversight of volunteer teams of audio, video and lighting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Planning Center Online (PCO), Mediashout presentation software, or equivalent.
- Ability to encourage, effectively communicate and coordinate regularly with volunteers and work well with other people.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading Christian worship with an appreciation for various musical styles.
- Some formal Bible training is helpful.
- Part-time – 15-20 hours/week
The elements of our worship at MBC include, prayer, singing, giving, proclamation of the Word, Communion/The Lord’s Table, baptism, baby dedications, the reading of scripture, personal testimony, drama (if applicable) and anything else that encourages the
congregation to worship our holy and awesome God. These elements allow us as a congregation to recognize God for who He is and to humbly invite Him into the rightful place in our lives. With this in mind the Director of Worship must be a committed follower
of Jesus Christ who each week is spiritually prepared to lead the congregation, and who has the skill(s) to lead.
In preparing the worship services, the Director of Worship should be sensitive to the needs of the body using both old and new songs, utilizing a broad range of instruments. The Director of Worship will weave together the various elements of the service
in such a way that God is glorified, Christ is lifted up and the worshippers are invited to humbly enter into the presence of God. In choosing music for our worship services we don’t want to be restrictive or formulaic, but we want to give the Director of
Worship the freedom to draw from the great songs of tradition as well as the songs that are being written in this generation. In our music we want to be both celebratory and reflective. All songs chosen should be biblically and theologically sound and performed
in a way that invites the congregation to sing with hearts full of praise to our God.
Send resume to Pastor Bob Erbig email@example.com.