The Groups Pastor provides leadership and spiritual direction for Cornerstone’s ministry to LIFEgroups, Small Churches, and The Mine. This person will take the current ministries and lead them into an environment of health, growth and impact. He will strengthen
the current vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the ministry strategies and philosophy of Cornerstone. He will lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. He will represent Christ and His church
well in the community at large. This person is driven toward solutions and enjoys bringing others on the journey with him.
Small Groups Vision & Growth
- Provide a strategic plan for the immediate and future growth of LIFEgroups within the adult ministry.
- Develop the church-wide strategies surrounding LIFEgroups, including two GroupLink events a year, 1-2 church-wide campaigns surrounding a teaching series, which lead people towards their involvement in a LIFEgroup.
- In between GroupLink Events, implement and manage strategies that make it easy to join a group (Website content, Informational Desserts, Group finder capability, Periodic church-wide emails).
- Develop a devotion writing team that will create 3 or more devotion series a year. Two that coincide with a teaching series and one that stands alone.
- Create a “Facilitators Guide” each week that supports the sermons
Small Group Leadership & Development
- Recruit and develop a team of coaches sufficient to care for the number of facilitators in the organization.
- Oversee recruitment of LIFEgroups Leaders and provide training.
- Develop an annual calendar for LIFEgroups.
- Build a system for LIFEgroups to serve together.
- Manage budgets, advertising, and databases including FellowshipOne and ServiceU for LIFEgroups.
Small Churches Leadership & Development
- Create, organize and execute Small Churches to provide spiritual growth ministries for various stages of life.
- Provide vision and strategic leadership for Small Church Ministry in conjunction with overall vision of the Executive Pastor of Adult Ministries.
- Manage budgets, advertising, and databases including FellowshipOne and ServiceU for Small Churches.
- Recruit, train, coach, and provide support to leaders for Small Churches.
- Ensure each Small Church has at least one LIFEgroup available for it’s attendees.
The Mine Supervision
- Develop a teaching calendar and schedule speakers for each semester.
- Recruit, train, coach, and provide support for volunteers.
- Provide pastoral care and support LIFEgroups, Small Churches and The Mine.
- Provide teaching for LIFEgroups, Small Churches, and The Mine as neccessary.
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Must have 5 years experience in fulltime ministry, at least 2 years in a church larger than 1,500 members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry
- Experience successfully leading small group ministries.
- Must possess these key spiritual gifts: Leadership, Administration, and Teaching.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
Important skills/personal traits
- Able to efficiently multi-task, maintaining control over many projects simultaneously.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.
- Cooperative team member who respects organizational policies and procedures.
- Takes on challenges assignments and succeeds.
- Assertive and motivated for successful ministry.