Orange Park United Methodist Church (OPUMC) is a vibrant 1200+ member congregation located in North East Florida, just outside of Jacksonville along the beautiful St. Johns River. With 3 Sunday services and weekly worship of 550+, OPUMC is a growing community
of Christians with an excellent youth program with 65+ active students, a youth choir with 40+ students and an incredible focus on youth and families.
OPUMC is seeking a full-time Youth Director who loves students and will model a growing relationship with Jesus to them. The Youth Director is directly responsible for the oversight of all junior and senior high Youth Ministry activities, including Sunday
School, Wednesday and Sunday night groups and special events such as retreats, outreach events and mission trips. This church has invested in a new youth center, has a multipurpose gym and an athletic field developed to encourage growth of our youth and family
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of growing youth groups and developing disciples. The Director will recruit, train, and develop volunteers and will demonstrate a track record of reaching goals through a team approach.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years of equivalent youth ministry related experience.
- Leadership abilities, and experience leading large youth groups.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and audio/video equipment and software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster teamwork in a positive atmosphere with staff, volunteers and parents.
- Ability to create a vision for the youth ministry, set goals and strategically meet them.
Essential Job Functions:
- Willingness to work a 45+ hour work week including time spent investing in students off campus at their games, events and through Bible studies
- Plan, implement and lead an effective program of youth events, missions, small group discussions and one on one outreach for youth.
- Recruit, train, equip and manage volunteers to appropriately love, engage and encourage students and to fully staff all programs and events.
- Ability to work within the current budget of the youth ministry.
- Oversee and produce all youth-related publications, including newsletters, announcements, web-site content and youth marketing.
- Attend all staff meetings during the week.
- Understand, abide by and implement the Florida United Methodist Child/Youth Protection Policy.
- Be an integral part of a ministry team that works closely together to support one another, set a high bar of excellence for the congregation and actively work to support one another in all areas of ministry.
- Develop programs that meet the varied needs of the youth, including athletic programs.
- Reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Compensation: Compensation package is between $45,000 with employee health benefits (80% employer paid), pension, 2 weeks paid vacation with additional personal days. We will pay 50% of moving expenses up to $8,000 for the right candidate.