The Upper Room Fellowship
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 40 - 50
Job Type: Full-Time
The Senior Pastor is responsible for using his spiritual gifts and skills in preaching the Gospel and for providing pastoral care in meeting the needs of the church and community. The Senior Pastor is responsible for providing a Biblically-based vision, spiritual
instruction, strategic leadership and administration for all church ministries, programs, services and operations. He is the administrative officer and supervisor of the church staff.
1. Lead in the overall spiritual growth of the church membership through Biblically-based teaching and preaching ministry.
2. Provide general supervision to the entire church staff and direct all staff in a unified philosophy of ministry.
3. Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in observance of the ordinances; and; lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
4. Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study and prayer, as well as personal accountability with other Christians.
5. Initiate and maintain relationships with unchurched people in the community, serving as a personal witness of God’s love to them. Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
6. Be available to staff and the church community for counseling regarding personal or spiritual matters.
7. Lead the church, along with the professional staff, in visitation to visitors, newcomers and hospitals.
8. Officiate at weddings, funerals, and other church ceremonies.
9. Serve as a head of the Board of Trustee’s and attend all board meetings.
10. Serve as a member of all church committees with such authority as specified in the constitution. ???
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. A degree in Theology or combination of education and experience.
2. At least five years’ experience as church leader and/or pastor.
3. Must have strong interpersonal and motivational skills in order to lead the church and staff.
4. Must be mature with the necessary experience and job knowledge to provide stable and wise leadership of the church.
5. Must possess excellent problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to delegate responsible
6. Must deal with diverse groups of all ages utilizing tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
7. Must lead by example through personal involvement in worship, witnessing, serving, Bible study and stewardship
Please visit our website at, www.theupperroomfellowshipchurch.org, to better understand our beliefs, programs, mission, and vision. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will
be received until August 22, 2016.