Build, develop, strengthen and maintain relationships of complete trust with the Lead Pastor, Ministry Staff, Elders and the congregation, by implementing the church’s mission, vision and goals in the primary ministry areas of: Disciplemaking, Outreach,
Student, Children’s and Pastoral Care.
- Be a strategic thinking partner to the Lead Pastor, supporting the church’s vision, mission and goals.
- To work in unity with the Operations Director.
- Create and maintain a healthy organizational and team culture that equips and develops the staff and the volunteer base.
- Facilitate ministry area goals and develop their budgets in cooperation with the Operations Director.
- Evaluate ministry team outcomes and make necessary changes to accomplish the mission, vision and goals of the church.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of designated ministry staff positions.
- Facilitate performance reviews for designated staff.
- Represent Lead Pastor as needed.
- Preach/teach when requested by the Lead Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience required.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in related field. (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
- A Biblically mature disciple who is actively developing fellow disciples of Christ.
- Adherence to the EFCA doctrinal statement of faith.
- Concurrence with the DNA, vision, mission and values of SLC.
- A committed loving peacemaker who knows how to graciously eat running elephants.
- Proven leadership in developing people systems and processes.
- Gifts and skills in high level administration.
- A Strategic thinker