POSITION: MINISTER/DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
SUPERVISOR: SENIOR PASTOR
The Minister of Music oversees the musical programs and worship practices of the Village Church, which is a generationally diverse congregation. This person coordinates with the pastoral staff, contributing expertise in music and worship to all areas of church life.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Love and respect for people
- Attested musical skills and competence
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- Cooperative team player
- Committed to the church’s vision
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative
- Degree in music preferred
- Musical experience in church setting preferred
- Proficiency in a wide range of musical styles, including traditional and contemporary Christian music
- Ability to lead worship and train others as worship leaders
- Ability to train and rehearse musicians with a wide variety of abilities
- Keyboard proficiency
- Writing and arranging music
- Producing and directing special events, musicals and programs
MINISTRY OF CHORAL AND MUSICAL LEADERSHIP
- Directs or supervises all music ministries
- Select and plan music for Sunday morning worship
- Coordinate with the pastoral team to creatively plan worship and special services.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd adults and children in various music ministries
- Develop musical ensembles
- Maintain a strong prayer support for the music ministry
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church
- Develop and oversee music ministries for children of all ages
- Oversee care and maintain musical instruments and equipment
MINISTRY OF SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- Develop and direct musical and dramatic programs to celebrate major Christian Holidays.
- Develop and direct musical and dramatic programs for significant events in the life of the church and Advent Christian Village
- Serve on ACV committees as appointed by Senior Pastor
- Participate in church staff meetings
- Develop goals for training and enhancing musical programs
- Develop annual goals for ministry and professional Growth
- Pursue continued education for the responsibilities of the position.
- Supervise musicians invited to enhance music programs of the church
- Represent Church in Community and Denominational Activities
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
The Village Church is located at the heart of Advent Christian Village, the first retirement community in Florida (www.acvillage.net). We are located on the banks of the historic Suwannee River.
Our congregation is made up primarily of those over 60 but we have a good representation of all age groups. We minister to our surrounding community and also to the 450+ employees of ACV. We are a diverse congregation with backgrounds from at least 18 different denominations. As such, we major on what un More...